348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Phil,
Yep we are here
Been in NYC and in Canada, Niagara falls but as usual we are running out of time with everything we do.
Do any of you guys on here realise how bloody big this country is???????
We can drive from one side of our country to the other in 4 hours and the whole length of it in a long day it takes us 4 hours to get from one side of NYC to the other
And what is it with yellow paint in NYC, every second car is painted yellow:roll

We are now in Washington DC for the night then on to greensboro NC tomorrow

My cell number in states is +13472253686

Everyone in the USA and Canada have been so helpful and friendly and polite (apart from one guy on a plane flight but that story is for over a beer)

Phil, can you send me a txt with your number?

Regards

Steve
HA HA it is just a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit larger than NZ isn't it. Is it a lot larger in scale than what you thought!
Enjoy your trip.

Gav

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Steve, what did they give you for a rental car :)?

If my BA 409 gets together in time, I bet my buddy James will let you take a run with it :).

Welcome to the States!

TomK
Tom that would be amazing to have a ride with him down the track.
Just cant wait to get there and meet everyone.
they gave us a dodge mini van thing. It avtually went quite well. Drove from rochester to niagara falls then on to Canada and st catharines. Then back to rochester. We were running late as i was not listening to lynettes directions and got lost. Had to scoot along on the interstate at around 85mph went well. No tickets yet. They might be in the mail.
at Ronald Reagan airport now on route to greensboro NC. Will report back in soon.

steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
HA HA it is just a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit larger than NZ isn't it. Is it a lot larger in scale than what you thought!
Enjoy your trip.

Gav
Gav. Heeeellllll yes its big. Got a bit scared in NYC. Train got swallowed up into the ground. Thought i was going to die.:roll

Never imagined it being so big. And there is a shit load of people here. i have invited about 400 people over to your place for a BBQ . Hope you dont mind:lmao

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav. Heeeellllll yes its big. Got a bit scared in NYC. Train got swallowed up into the ground. Thought i was going to die.:roll

Never imagined it being so big. And there is a shit load of people here. i have invited about 400 people over to your place for a BBQ . Hope you dont mind:lmao

Steve
:burnouthell more the merrier :pop

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I'm out. I needed my engine parts back this weekend to have a chance but that ain't happening. They are ready, but there is a problem with them expecting me to pay for something I shouldn't so I am letting the stuff sit till the manufacturer and machine shop decide to quit pointing fingers at each other and make me whole. I still plan on attending on foot though. I am so upset I am beyond words. Anybody need a crew chief? Will work for nachos.

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
To my 409 "friends" who are driving out to GB.

Can I count on someone to bring an extra chair for me to "borrow" when all the bench racing is going on in the hotel parking lot at night?

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in <2 weeks.

I'm flying out to KC on Wednesday & renting a car until Monday.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
To my 409 "friends" who are driving out to GB.

Can I count on someone to bring an extra chair for me to "borrow" when all the bench racing is going on in the hotel parking lot at night?

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in <2 weeks.

I'm flying out to KC on Wednesday & renting a car until Monday.

Will do at the Angus.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I started the methodical tear down of the 474 yesterday, pulled the headers and as usual lost some meat off my hands in the process. Pulled the intake today, tried something different by pulling the intake with the carbs in place. Probably have to remove them anyway as I cannot see a way to use the torque wrench when I reassemble. But I try different things once and awhile sometimes I find a way to save time this way. Keeping my eye on everything and pausing to think when I think I see something I think may be a problem. I learn something new every time. There was some Brinelling on the head surface the last time I pulled the heads so I will take them to the shop Monday and see if they need to be dusted off. I bought some Eddy head gaskets, thanks Ishiftem! they are Felpros made to Eddy spec's I think. I have .051" Cometics under the heads now but have ran as tight as .045 Cometics in the past. When I ran with the .045" I thought I saw where the pistons on the passenger side may have been brushing the head. The .048 crush Eddy's should be just right and maybe I'll pick up that .15 that I lost with the .051" gaskets. In my spare time I replaced the inner tubes to get the tires aired up on my little Z 50 Honda so I can scoot around the track and visit others. Gonna be tight, but with luck and a good result on the pressure check I still have a shot to bring the brick to the track with me. If not I'll still be there to give some bad advice to guys that run faster than I do. Camper is ready and the Dually seems ok too. See ya'll there!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dan..................really sorry about your dilemma!!! Your car would be a huge hit here!!!! I know how impressed I was when I saw it last summer in Iowa!!!! Have your dad throw in a few bucks and just bring it down for display purposes!!!!!! You keep the hood closed and when everyone asks...you can say it's a Mystery Motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really sorry.:cry1:cry1:cry1