348/409 NATIONALS AT DRAGWAY 42s ROCK N RACE JULY 6-9th, 2023

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I know right now you must be busy as hell Bryan, I just want to congratulate you and thank you for all you do to organize these events. I have a hard time just organizing my life let alone going above and beyond, I just wanted to say I appreciate you Bryan.I know a couple years ago when I got to attend and finally meet most of the guys and watch what a great 409 show you guys put on……. it was the best vacation I’ve ever had…… bonus was the quality of people and the brotherhood you guys have……. Guys like you, Ricky, Scott, Carl, Steve, Wes……… Barry, Denny, ect……. They were just too many names Dave mills crusher with Tonto and gang Brian and Tom….I feel bad for not including everyone of them….. have a great weekend good luck Racing and everybody be safe. If anyone reading this has not attended one of these events it is must see…… And for the guys that are not Racing, they pull you in and let you experience what it’s like to be part of that 409 brotherhood.
Thanks for the kind words. But couldn’t be done without all of us

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
looks like check in is Thursday noon till 9. Gates open Friday at 10. Check their website to be sure.
Bob

Reactions: 327

Bizkwik

The 348/409 event at RockNRace was the first time I raced in that event. I remember hearing about the 348/409 events and always wanted to participate. W motors are in my bones. It’s the only motors that my father ever raced. He retired from racing in ‘88. Up until then my father, brother and I would wrench on them. It’s all we knew. As I got older, I moved on to traditional big blocks. We put together a 62 Impala with a big block Chevy. But the bones were still there. I started a family and kept racing big blocks and the occasional small block.
My father passed away a year ago, my brother passed away 2 months ago. This forced me to do what I always wanted to do, put a W in my ‘62 Impala. The car had been sitting in various states, outside, in the corner of the garage, shuffled around, etc. In may of this year it had a 6,0 LS sitting in it. It was a project we were determined to do. It made the most sense.
After losing my brother, I really got to thinking about the car. It had to have a W. During all this time, my son has been racing. He’s had a few cars, nice cars. Firebird, Malibu, Nova, currently a dragster. He’s a successful bracket racer. He’s never experienced a W motor. I wanted to change that. Life is too short to not experience a W motor. So it begun. It would have never been possible without my wife. She’s the true gearhead in the family.lol She took on extra shifts while we were working in the shop so we could afford to take this on. She is phenomenal.
We started this project to participate in the W race at Rock N Race. We ended up winning the W event. When I got the time slip after the finals and saw the Win, I broke down. I felt like my lost loved ones were there and pushing the car. Even now I get emotional.
I could keep going but I’ve bored you enough(Lol)
I want to thank my wife and son, and all the friends that showed up to help slam this thing together.
I especially want to thank all the W racers and especially Bryan for making us feel welcome.
I have ideas for next year. It includes maybe my son racing and my ‘59 Imp. I can’t wait.
Thank you all for everything.