348 To 380 Dyno results

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well.....it’s done (except mufflers tomorrow). Took it for a drive around the block and I’m not sure I’ve drove a car with that much torque and throttle response. My 2018 Silverado is lazy compared to this!!

Attachments

• 93E2A72D-98AE-47DE-A8D8-3C8FDCBDDD81.jpeg
    93E2A72D-98AE-47DE-A8D8-3C8FDCBDDD81.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 5D8025DF-86FA-448D-8A31-F695CD228625.jpeg
    5D8025DF-86FA-448D-8A31-F695CD228625.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 40

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Had the car out for its first torment after the exhaust was on. And as expected a few issues, leaking rad hose, easy fix, power steering line, easy fix,
Ticking on thr drivers side. Unknown. Loose rocker maybe? I’ll take the cover off and have a look
Carb is running really rich at idle. Not sure how to adjust that.
bit of blue smoke out the back. Assuming rings need to be seated

427John

Well Known Member
Is it the same carb as used on the dyno run?When you adjusted idle speed did you increase it or decrease it?If you decreased it is it possible you made the idle circuit active and now you need to adjust idle mixtuire?

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Is it the same carb as used on the dyno run?When you adjusted idle speed did you increase it or decrease it?If you decreased it is it possible you made the idle circuit active and now you need to adjust idle mixtuire?
Yes John same carb, really didn’t have any idle time on the dyno. I adjusted it up and it’s a bit erratic at times. Especially when it’s in drive. At parked idle it’s ok until I give it gas and it stays at 1000-1200. Give it a shot again and it comes down. Are the 2 mixture screws different? Or just control different things.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Blue smoke is normal, drive it like you stole it. BB fuel pump may be putting out too much pressure overloading the carb.

ill put the regulator on it and check pressure. Not sure I have a low pressure pump.