348 To 380 Dyno results

427John

Well Known Member
Yeah its definitely a function of the amount of fuel burned.As the exhaust warms up it just goes out as steam/water vapor instead of condensing on the cool exhaust pipe and becomes really visible in cold weather.I would agree that the more complete your combustion the higher the percentage it becomes of the exhaust components.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Corn in the tank is great if your fuel system can take it. Kind of like some of you boys tummy. Corn in your whiskey is great if you can handle it.

Reactions: Tim

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
By the time we have to decide between bio-fuels made from corn to keep our cars going and feeding the cows that give us steaks we will be all electric by then anyway. Bio-fuels are only an alternative fuel source to Dino-fuels.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Who has seen that old B&W picture of a 1962 Belair "bubbletop" from back in the day with that case load of hootch in the reinforced trunk area and two guys making the deal on the side of a dirt road?

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
When I got my car, which went to Mexico in 62 till 99 the gas tank was sectioned into 4 chambers. It was all soldered back together and only held about 6 gallons of gas. You could access the top of the fuel tank from inside the trunk. Wonder what they were hauling????:brow

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
After trying to get the idle dialed in, every time I pulled it in drive it would act up sometimes flooding the carb. I have a torque converter issue. It’s locking up at idle. It came with the transmission and the trans guy who rebuilt the 700R4 said it was good. Not sure now how he knew that since he didn’t have it apart. I’ll get a new one however the question of stall comes up. I’m thinking 2200-2600 somewhere?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
That cam doesn't need any more than stock,but will work really well with a 2500 stall convertor.Disconnect the power[voltage ] from the trans.If the problem goes away,the problem is in the trans.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That cam doesn't need any more than stock,but will work really well with a 2500 stall convertor.Disconnect the power[voltage ] from the trans.If the problem goes away,the problem is in the trans.

what is Stock? 1500-2000? Since I’m buying one I’ll get a good one. I don’t have the 4th gear lock up wired up yet. Transmission was completely rebuilt but the converter wasn’t.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
How was the lockup on the trans wired? What rear gear are you running?

I have the wire ready to hook up to a switch but haven’t done that. It’s for 4 th gear and I “could” run it without but I’ll hook it up. It’s almost like the converter is locked up at idle.
Has 3.73 rear end.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Without voltage present,the issue is either the converter or something in the converter clutch solonoid area of the trans.