348 upgrade valves

oldmule

Hey all,
I'm having problems finding part numbers or the application for doing the small block Chrysler valve upgrades. I was told they are just a bit larger, but use the same stem size. Does anyone know which ones work? My machine shop has been setting on these heads for 3 months now and keep telling me they can't find the valves to use. If I can't figure it out soon, I'll just hit up SC for some. I've had the short block ready to assemble for months now.
Thanks

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 2¢ worth is call SC, SI valves or PEP and get something MADE for your W. Do screw around trying to save 2¢ by using Chrysler parts. You will probably have to sacrifice something to do such.
Jeff

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I used Ferrera 6000 series Pontiac 1.77 length exhaust valves cut down in my Edelbrock 409 heads-close to same length 5.103" but they were 11/32 stems not 3/8 like factory 409 valves. We went with a bigger intake valve so have to have Manley custom ones. I was using roller springs so I needed a little stouter than the factory
Potomac intakes are 2.11 if that is close to what you use or smaller you could turn one of those down. Better than custom price.