35 Ford truck project

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Love the colors. Not used to seeing the "W" in this combination, and it looks fantastic.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Now THAT is DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will the cab and bed be green and the fenders black, or vice versa????

Lonnie

Clint

Well Known Member
The cab and bed will be a satin black. No fenders on it. I won't have to lean over them to work on it. Just sit in a chair. I am not really a fender kind of guy. Lol

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Looks killer!! I like the color combo.
The single shear bolt for the lower alternator kinda makes me wonder if you know what I mean.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
IMG_20160916_145708503.jpg
Your lower alternator bolt without some bracket on the outside there is no support so the bolt is in single shear.
The alternator would need a U shaped bracket on the bottom then the bolt would be double shear and much stronger.

Clint

Well Known Member
The bolt on the lower left is just for the adjustment of the belt. The alternator bolt will be tightened too. I have had them all tight and the alternator is very solid

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I am just talking about the red bolt the others look fine.20161012_211034.jpg
This is double shear. Sorry hard to get a good picture.

Clint

Well Known Member
The bracket material is 1/4 inch. It is rigid with the stiffener welded down the middle also. I have mounted alternators this way in the past on small blocks.