$4000 purse at Iowa 348-409 Family Reunion drag race will be held August 20-21st Cedar Falls dragway.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Oh ya, it's in my shop. My deseased buddy Mike organized a race named after his shop....La Porte Performance . I got lucky and won and the prize was a silver hard hat everyone signed. The next year he had it again and the prize was a trophy. Got lucky again. The third year they were all laying for me, but it was rained out and never finished it. RIP MIKE
20151024_164022.jpg

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I flipped a coin. Thank Paul not me. I have a 50/50 chance of winning praise that way. ;) You can come but I wont let my carbs get fouled up and give you a win this time. Paul isn't going to bring carbs and help me out either. :D Looks like its up to Nathan to bail me out again! Nathan, can you make it in August?
Randy: I won't red light on the first run & let you advance, so looks like we might be even.:pray See you in August or maybe sooner. Take care.

Joel

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Out with the old to make room for the new. My buddy Steve came up to watch us race at Onawa last year is going to have the 348 stuffed in his Elcamino. I finally have everything checked with a little port work and just getting ready to set the valves. Should be painted and headed over towards Omaha in the next week. Then its time for new engine to get stuffed in with the 700r4. Going to be ready for Spring test and tune. Might even have a hood this year with a scoop.
20211105_150256.jpg
20220221_213624.jpg
20220221_195318.jpg
20220221_175603.jpg
20211216_162337.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
11 cars racing so far. Some are coming over 600 miles to race and then there's Barry, last years winner coming back to defend his title. Also Joel's win and long drive. Last year the purse was 4K. I think it may be larger this year???? There are several cars a lot closer than 600 miles that aren't on the list. Come on guys..... This is a good 1/4 mile track with plenty of grass parking. Come tour some Iowa cornfields......:winner

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
11 cars racing so far. Some are coming over 600 miles to race and then there's Barry, last years winner coming back to defend his title. Also Joel's win and long drive. Last year the purse was 4K. I think it may be larger this year???? There are several cars a lot closer than 600 miles that aren't on the list. Come on guys..... This is a good 1/4 mile track with plenty of grass parking. Come tour some Iowa cornfields......:winner
Dave you are right. Purse is up there. Not official yet but as soon as my wife and I buy this company we are going to use some of our "marketing" budget to add to the purse. We close in 19 days! Here is their website for anyone that wants to see it before we make changes. www.upholsterysupply.com We are moving it from a 2000sqft size to a 6000sqft building April 1st. Right next door is my good buddy with a full restoration shop. Best part is he loves 64' Chevy's and is restoring two of them currently. I'm trying to talk him into tossing his 454 out of his 64' 2d Biscayne for a 348-409. Might build him an engine so he will replace my floors and paint my Z11 tribute.