409 block for sale

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Block for sale on ebay. In Michigan, reasonable $ for someone local. Add says standard bore. 068 block K 25 61
Jeff

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Is it just the photo or does it look like there is a straight line crack in the cylinder that is pitted?

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is it just the photo or does it look like there is a straight line crack in the cylinder that is pitted?
I think it's just a scratch, but the pit is concerning as to how much overbore it would take to clean up. I would definitely be boring that hole 1st.
Jeff

DaveN

Well Known Member
I picked up the block today and asked about the crank and rods. I offered an extra 100.00 and the seller agreed I got a good deal still need to look thinks over better, too cold out today. No stamping on the front pad at all. wish i had a November early December 62

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats on making the deal! Great price, well worth the risk. The '068" casting is what makes it more desirable and truck blocks often have taken a lesser beating than a QB block. Easy to set your preferred compression using the array of pistons in today's market.

Good luck! TomK

DaveN

Well Known Member
Yeppers. The pits in the picture that looked so deep turned out to be pretty superficial should clean up easily. The boat this engine came out of had twin 409s the guy told me the other one had major cracks in it and even the valley was cracked in. would of been nice if it was savable.