409 takes top spot at Gasser Reunion!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I just got back from the Gasser Reunion at Thompson Oh. As Jim Comeau mentioned in another thread I broke out with a 10.46 in the Saturday night gamblers race.
We did better on Sunday.:beerbang we won the D/Gas class! (10.50 index)
Then they had all the gas class winners run off for the top eliminator and we won that too!:beerbang
The car ran great and the 409 made it a crowd favorite.:beerbang
2008_Reunion_LogoJPG.jpg

Here's a photo of the staging lanes...
2008-06-01052web.jpg

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is so cool Jim :beerbang ......................10.40s :eek: :bow

Congratulations mate :clap :cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
good job Jim. It would have great if more of us could have been there to cheer you on:clap:clap
robert

wc chevys

Well Known Member
Way to go Jim, GOOD JOB!!!:clap :cheers. I saw you make one pass Saturday afternoon (looked good).I walked around the pits but did'nt see you parked any where. I would have said hello

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The man knows his car well! Pretty good for a mild build 409. Just think what they could do if Jim/Jim decides to build a HP 409? And two of the nicest guys I have ever met!
3.gif

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Gasser Reunion

Jim
Way to go on our Win.:clap
Hope to see you in Bowling Green in a couple of weeks.:hug
Will be in Indy this weekend.
Allen

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Congrats!!!!

Way to go Jim!! We are ALL proud of you!! I know it's been a lot of time and hard work.........not to mention a few bucks....to get this win!!! And the travel expenses are up there too!!!

And I bet Winston was so happy that he wet himself!!!!:dunno:roll:roll

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Like Ray said........time now for you to put together a SERIOUS engine!!!!

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Jim, great news!!! Seems like a long time ago we met at Primrose corner for 409 parts. Hey if you are thinking of uping the anti on the motor I may have a new stroked 409 short block for sale. Awsesome Job on the Gasser win.

Kevin

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats!

Jim and Jim and Winston:

Congratulations on the wins!

Great times at a great track. Growing up in Cleveland, Ohio, this was one of the local tracks that saw a lot of action :).

Cheers!
TomK

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks guys.
I'm really happy with the way the car's running. The only change we made from last year was adding a looser 5,000 stall converter. I also pulled the passengers seat and side pipes to drop a few pounds. My best 60' time last year was 1.47 and I thought that was pretty good but Sunday it did a 1.36 :deal