62 Belair Sport Coupe Bubble Top Find

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats on bringing her home!

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Are you going with a full pan, or piecing one together?

Cheers! TomK

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Are you still using the wheels and tires that you had purchased for the Belair/Biscayne or did you sell them with the car

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Congrats on bringing her home!

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Are you going with a full pan, or piecing one together?

Cheers! TomK
Most likely building my own. Rear floor boards are too low for my plans. Sheer, break, English wheel, and beed roller. Some welding and panel bond with seam sealer will work.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
With a little more research it’s a 62 Belair sport coupe 6 cylinder built in Flint Michigan. Aqua Blue.

Reactions: 327

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Here you are Carl, nothing too exciting. I believe a 6 cylinder automatic? Aqua Blue
Thanks Tooth, it is a twilight turquoise Belair sport coupe built 4th week November 61 at Janesville WI with an aqua cloth and vinyl interior. The VIN will confirm if it was a 6 cylinder car, it'll be 21537J14xxxx. Twilight turquoise is a real light color non-metallic, looks like this.

1.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Carl you are correct, I ran the Vin numbers. It was a 6 cylinder. But it said from Flint Michigan...

Reactions: 327

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So what does the 336 on the cowl tag mean? 336th Belair, 336th Belair "Sport Coupe", or ????
I was tracking cowl tags (just 62 bubble tops) 20+ years ago. If I remember correctly when I compared cars from the same assembly plants consecutive build dates would have consecutive "336/build#'s". I came to the conclusion that the number was the consecutive number of a bubble top that had been built at that plant. Mainly because cars that were built late in the year did not have huge numbers. Could be all wet here. What say you Carl? Yes I threw all this data away not to many years ago as I thought I was done and did not know about this forum.
Jeff