62 T10 rebuild

Randy Maurstad

Well Known Member
I have an oil leak in the T-10 4 speed... so thought Id try to find a good placeto rebuild it while its out...Anyone have any recommendations in the so calif.. or better yet orange county area?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Randy, I have one being rebuilt now around the Anaheim area. The guy does a lot of Corvette restoration transmissions. I don't have his number handy right now but will send it to you later this evening in a PM.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If you don't mind sending it to Missouri, I would highly recommend Wayne Euper. I had Wayne fix my 63 muncie just recently and I am VERY happy with the results. He tore it all down in front of me and showed me the internals. I had to have two bushings put in the case as the holes for the counter shaft were stretched out. Mine leaked TERRIBLY!! He also did some other work. Reasonable prices and it was done in a timely manner. He's been building GM 4-speeds since 1962. His phone number is 816-776-6754. He's in Richmond, MO, just north west of KC.
Ross

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wayne Euper is the man. He has rebuilt several 4spds for friends of mine. Anytime a 4spd rebuild comes up in this part of the country his name rises to the top.

TomO

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I second that!

Wayne Euper is Mr. FourSpeed around these parts. Bet he has 500 of 'em just "in stock". I remember looking for a date coded trans for my 63 Corvette and I bet I went through at least 40 or 50 cases just checking.

I feel very lucky to have three BW T-10s built by Wayne. Great guy, great service!

TomK

62Belair409

Well Known Member
I had mine rebuilt through a contact of Dennis Love (recommened to me by Phil Reed) in Overland Park, Kansas. The gentlemen used to rebuild the T-10 I believe used to work for GM. Long and short of it was my transmission does not leak anymore and shifts like a dream. Ive put over 1000 miles on the rebuild and it sits behind a Tony Shafer stroker 409

Dave:clap