62 Z-11 Aluminum Body

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The Z-11's came from the factory with 15"x5 1/2" rims. These are also used on HD taxi and police cars also. You could special 15" on all 62-64's but Z-11's came standard with 15". There was only the one 5 1/2" width with the 15" rim.
And Corvette.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Wrench, Can you or anyone get me into contact with Jim Jones? I bought his 62 bubbletop 409 race car in 2003. It had an aluminum front end and Z-ll top end. I traced all previous owners back to him. When he owned it he won editors choice at Super Chevy in Texas in 1985 and an article written in super chevy about him. I have since received 2 more in 2010 & 2011. I am still racing it whenever I can on the east coast. Anyone with info can call me at 1-570-784-0694.
Thanks

Lou...................it was soooo goooood to visit with you at Thompson last year!!!~!~ Hope you come back next year!!!

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Wrench, Can you or anyone get me into contact with Jim Jones? I bought his 62 bubbletop 409 race car in 2003. It had an aluminum front end and Z-ll top end. I traced all previous owners back to him. When he owned it he won editors choice at Super Chevy in Texas in 1985 and an article written in super chevy about him. I have since received 2 more in 2010 & 2011. I am still racing it whenever I can on the east coast. Anyone with info can call me at 1-570-784-0694.
Thanks

I have emailed Jim your phone number Lou.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
This photo is of 1962 Belair Bubble top with Z11 service package I believe and aluminum front end. I had taken this at the Niagara reunion back some years agomopar (Small).jpg

lpt409

Wrench, I spoke to Jim tonight after waiting eight years. Man, it was great. He told me a lot about my car. Looks like we will be talking a lot more. Thank You so much for your help.

lpt409

Phil, I have been to all the 348-409 meets so far. As long as I can yank on that shifter I'll be there again. By the way, liked that saying about the government. See ya at Thompson