63 Impala project continues...

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I took the mats out of my Impala because as Phil says they held in moisture and I don't know what material was used on that trunk. On my Bel Air I used a petroleam base material that does not require a clear coat like the water base Zoletone. I also chose not to use the mats but have white towels in place of the mats with no issues.

Did you steal the white towels from a hotel on the way back from Great Bend (409 sign):crazy

On a serious note Dan, can you give me the details of what paint color etc you used on your 61 interior (dash, Wheel etc)

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Did you steal the white towels from a hotel on the way back from Great Bend (409 sign):crazy

On a serious note Dan, can you give me the details of what paint color etc you used on your 61 interior (dash, Wheel etc)

Steve
Butch didn't have any white towels he only had some old used oil rags...:taunt
I used PPG DDL Duracryl acrilic laquer without a clearcoat. I did clearcoat the steering wheel. I had it matched to the backside of the glove box and one of the garnish molds. I still have the cans if you need a mix formula.

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
It's picture time again! Now that I got the car running properly, I drove it around my lot to the front garage. While the seating was a little stiff (second to last pic) :D it felt good to "cruise!"

Some pics show how the quarters look all block sanded and buffed out. :love Also a shot of the new carpet "relaxing" before I trim & install. Car looks SO good out in the sun! I'm a proud papa. :brush

DSCN5004.jpg DSCN5005.jpg DSCN5006.jpg DSCN5009.jpg DSCN5010.jpg DSCN5011.jpg DSCN5012.jpg DSCN5013.jpg DSCN5014.jpg DSCN5015.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob, do you sleep at night??? You are really moving along!!!!I am impressed how fast you are going with the car. I just removed all tire"s from my wheel"s and going to different tire size and repainted my rally"s to a different shade looked like aluminum,(other than recommended shade) and thought I was getting a lot done!!!

bobs409

Administrator
Bob, do you sleep at night??? You are really moving along!!!!I am impressed how fast you are going with the car. I just removed all tire"s from my wheel"s and going to different tire size and repainted my rally"s to a different shade looked like aluminum,(other than recommended shade) and thought I was getting a lot done!!!

I'm just devoted is all. :D I don't have much of a life other than these cars. (but I'm happy, I'm doing what I love)

bobs409

Administrator
Look who's got new shoes!! :winner

Got the new radial bias ply look a likes bolted on. I love the look! :love The look reminds me of an old race car.

Been working diligently the past few days. Other than the new tires I spent the day block sanding the roof and some of the quarter yesterday as well as installing the gas door. Got the rear carpet trimmed today and glued in.

Gonna take a while but this is the part I've been waiting for. That satisfaction each time a new piece goes on. :brush

Well, enjoy the pie crust tires...

DSCN5019.jpg DSCN5023.jpg DSCN5024.jpg DSCN5025.jpg DSCN5026.jpg DSCN5027.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You did not put those dog dish cap"s on there yet ?????? Oh by the way there are some on e bay right now.Not nos but may be usable.

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
You did not put those dog dish cap"s on there yet ?????? Oh by the way there are some on e bay right now.Not nos but may be usable.

I'll have to pull the wheels a time or two yet for other work so don't want to wear my caps out. First I have to figure out how to safely remove those caps without denting them! :tantrum

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice Bob. I use a very large/long flat screwdriver on tight dog dish caps, with a piece of wood on the rim to keep it from scratching. I had a set of later model 15 inch rims on the 59, the dog dish were very tight, your stock rims shouldn't be that bad.

Don