63 Impala project continues...

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice Bob, great job. Body and paint is where I have the least amount of experience. Maybe when you start aligning those front fenders you can answer a few questions for me.

bobs409

Administrator
Had the little lady out today. (yeah, she's a girl) :D

Now we can really see the body color wheels & new tires complimenting the new paint. I love the look! She's real photogenic outdoors. (and she's such a tease!) :D

I started some of the interior just for fun. As shown, the carpet is all in, new mats are all laid out and the seat belts installed. I also re-upholstered the rear arm rests. They came out great if I do say so myself! :D

Plans are to get going on the headliner next. I'm holding off installing a new windshield and the doors/fenders as it's real easy to reach inside right now. With no glass it makes the headliner easier to pull/staple and with no doors/fenders in the way, the windshield install will be easier. Going to start wet sanding the other panels soon too before I install them.

I got all the time I need, not rushing anything. Having lots of fun. :) Probably be finishing it up around February? :crazy

1DSCN5048.jpg 2DSCN5049.jpg 3DSCN5050.jpg DSCN5052.jpg DSCN5053.jpg DSCN5055.jpg DSCN5061.jpg DSCN5077.jpg DSCN5078.jpg

Well Known Member
Had the little lady out today. (yeah, she's a girl) :D

Now we can really see the body color wheels & new tires complimenting the new paint. I love the look! She's real photogenic outdoors. (and she's such a tease!) :D

I started some of the interior just for fun. As shown, the carpet is all in, new mats are all laid out and the seat belts installed. I also re-upholstered the rear arm rests. They came out great if I do say so myself! :D

Plans are to get going on the headliner next. I'm holding off installing a new windshield and the doors/fenders as it's real easy to reach inside right now. With no glass it makes the headliner easier to pull/staple and with no doors/fenders in the way, the windshield install will be easier. Going to start wet sanding the other panels soon too before I install them.

I got all the time I need, not rushing anything. Having lots of fun. :) Probably be finishing it up around February? :crazy

View attachment 37911 View attachment 37912 View attachment 37913 View attachment 37914 View attachment 37915 View attachment 37916 View attachment 37917 View attachment 37918 View attachment 37919
It'll be quite a while before I get to that stage great job nice car beautiful

bobs409

Administrator
Tackled the headliner yesterday. Front 2/3rds looks really good but some wrinkles in the rear 2 panels. Will see if they tighten up when it's out in the hot sun, sometimes they do. If not, will pull the rear staples and try tightening it up a bit.

Next up is the front & rear glass. Once windshield is in, I can put the doors & fenders on and then more wet sanding / buffing in my future. :wax

DSCN5084.jpg DSCN5086.jpg DSCN5098.jpg DSCN5100.jpg

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
So Jim,
Are you telling Bob to slow down and boil the kettle in the car and have a cup of Coffee and it may all turn out OK?:)

Steve