63 Wagon 409 Project

Tex63

Well Known Member
Hard to get much done in the garage when it's 105 outside, but have been able to get an early start the past few Saturdays and almost have the interior done:

Was painful to stick dynamat on the new floors with nice coat of por 15, but knew the bare floor look would only be around for a short time:

IMG_2936.JPG

Went the inexpensive route and used home depot reflective bubble wrap style insulation for carpet padding:

IMG_2939.JPG

Carpet mostly done, added the center console from a 63 SS but changed out the badge and lost the storage compartment so the bench seat would work. Controls on the passenger side are for air ride and will stay under the seat.

IMG_8194.JPG

Haven't done anything under the hood lately, but don't like how the fuel line plumbing from pump to carb looks. Also have a notable oil leak on both sides coming from the valve cover gasket, wasn't an issue on the dyno, but after going from engine builder to install shop, the valve covers were removed for some reason and
weren't properly seated.

IMG_8198.JPG

I'm hoping the oil leak is fixed from just pulling the valve covers and re-seating them. I haven't tried yet and was focusing on the interior and trying to stay clean.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Interior looks great. You know you have a SB fan shroud? You can cut it down to 4-7/8 then roll the lip and it will look great.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Everything looks great. I like the '63 front console with the bench seat. I used one in my '62 and Keith has one in his '63. That steering wheel looks nice in there. Not original but not out of place like most non-original wheels look.