64 convertible correct tire

super sport

Well Known Member
BF Goodrich or Goodyear Custom Super Cushion white wall tires. I want the correct tire and size for my 64 convertible . Anyone currently have these tires on there car . Please post picture if you do thanks. JOE

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
BF Goodrich or Goodyear Custom Super Cushion white wall tires. I want the correct tire and size for my 64 convertible . Anyone currently have these tires on there car . Please post picture if you do thanks. JOE

When you ask "correct tire" do you mean the brand? If so, GM used multiple brands. I can't tell you which they used but they always have supplied more then one manfactuer for tires.

super sport

Well Known Member
I m going to order 4 BF GOODRICH silvertown 1 inch white walls 800-14 for my convertible . So far all the clean and close to original convertibles I've seen are using the BF GOODRICH 800-14. I like the way they look. Thanks

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have what is supposed to be an original spare tire from a 62 Impala, it is the BFG Silvertown.But like Mike said, they used several suppliers.

Don

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
both the '61 and the '63 impala that I bought in the day had U.S. Royal brand tires and these tires are repo'd but they don't make a 8:00 x 14. The B.F. Goodrich repo tires are great tires, I have them on my '64 Plymouth, I like the Goodyears because they are about an 1.5" taller than the B.F. G.'s. It takes an 8:50 x 14 B.F. G. to equal the height of a 8:00 Goodyear.