A Little Maintenance and beautification on my 63 4dr

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Finally received a pic of the headers I asked about. I think these still have the issue you encountered. Where does this"knot" that sticks out hit?
Jeff
The driver side header is the same as the set I had the issues with. Your first picture shows the "point" at the rearward "y" joint sticks out too much. That point hits the frame. It would require some good hammer blows to gain the necessary clearance. If the headers weren't coated, it may not be a huge problem, but the coating would most likely be compromised after some persuasion. That is the reason I returned the set I had that looked like your pictures and had my old set coated.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Jim. I wasn't necessarily planning on putting these on my car, but want them to fit If I did. They will work for dyno pulls but there are probably other flavors that will make more power! I am "supposed" to have my name in the hat for some Wilsons. Hopefully Mark will come thru for me. These Dougs are on ebay if anyone is interested. He offered them to me for $625 + $105 shipping. I think I am going to pass. https://www.ebay.com/itm/285783573122
Jeff

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You don't want a header with a 2-1/2 inch collector! Especially if you're using Them on a dyno!!!!!!!! Run very fast!:happyRun!!! Run!!! Run!!!

Last edited: