Allan George Auction

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am 433 miles away, would like to go up there in person. I could turn an 8 hour trip into 12 these days ( I get the need for pee). I used to be a road warrior and get aggravated when someone had to stop for a pee break. Now I am the one hollering. Back to the auction, it looks like a good chance to get stuff, maybe at a good price. I wonder how crazy it gets at the last second. My luck even in person I would screw up and loose out.

Junky

Well Known Member
I went to a friends bankruptcy auction, and while I was standing there with him, he commented that if it wasn't his bankruptcy auction, he would be bidding and winning a lot of the items. I told him, that is what got him into financial trouble originally. He enjoyed the thrill of winning auctions for stuff that he had no use for. As I sit here and type this, I look around the room and wonder where all the crap that I have came from. We spend most of our life collecting things that we think we need, only to have someone else sell it for pennies on the dollar after we pass on.

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Junky, I had a bunch of parts i had bought over the years and finally sold all of them in bulk instead of them just sitting there--i was lucky, i didn't lose any money because most of them i bought years ago and the prices have gone up--but like you say, i too wondered where all the crap came from--i figure sell them while i can---so i can buy some more 409 parts..............................

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
The bids on those items are all over the place. Will be interesting to see how they end up. Could be some good deals, as well as some not good deals (such as #110, yikes!).

409envy

Well Known Member
I was going to bid on these Z11 heads until I took a closer look at the pictures and realized there has been heavy crack repair in the combustion chamber of one of the heads... and no pictures of the other heads deck and valves? Currently bid to $6500!! Thats a lot of money for a display piece!!!
130.jpg130-1.jpg130-3.jpg130-4.jpg130-5.jpg130-6.jpg130-7.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Doesn't matter if its car or car parts. You must always bid to the best of your understanding of the items. If they don't know or say much about them then you can't bid very high based on the way things look alone. Its always a gamble, in this case its a 60 year old parts gamble. Not very impressed with whom ever took the pictures and created no descriptions.

Junky

Well Known Member
Doesn't matter if its car or car parts. You must always bid to the best of your understanding of the items. If they don't know or say much about them then you can't bid very high based on the way things look alone. Its always a gamble, in this case its a 60 year old parts gamble. Not very impressed with whom ever took the pictures and created no descriptions.

Auctioneers tricks... you know nothing about the item, and that way, you can't get blamed when the buyers remorse sets in... It is like rigor mortis... it starts about 2 hours after you win the bid, and continues for the next 8 hours, until you are stiff with grief, and slowly disappear after 24 hours, and then you resume your life, and your wallet is a lot lighter.