And so it Begins! 65 ss hardtop

Harry Vanderveen

IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0059.JPG Born a v 8 car in the Oshawa plant, spent most of its life I believe in British Columbia before finding its way to Ontario. I purchased this as a stripped and media blasted project with all the componets ( or most of them) boxed up or piled up, it is from the tags a V8 car with a 2 speed power glide, 10 bolt rear end, mederian maroon paint with a fawn interior. I am not sure if one of the 3 engines that came with it is the original (I am assuming) 283 or 327 as it has a canister oil filter , that I have not rolled over to check the numbers. Does not mater anyways because it would be a OUTRIGHT SHAME! to see this with anything but a big hp 409 in it! Pretty solid for the most part except rear quarter skins and outer wheel houses, and front fender rear dog legs that are rotted. The rear trunk and drop offs are solid but passenger side door and front fender may have had some collision damage at some point so I may be looking for replacements for those as well. Colors? don't like the original maroon and fawn, so I will be changing that to something in an original correct year and model. Please chim in and give me any of your opinions on color combos as well as the reason for your choice or choices. The car will appear original and period correct except for aftermarket rims and tires say in the , uhm, 17 or 18 " range! Feel free to offer any suggestions or thoughts on my Project. Cheers Hairball

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not cheap but no sense stopping a couple (or few hundreds) bucks short of a good time.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Also thought about Evening Orchid....and bright Red....always partial to black cars.....out of them all I think I like the factory blue on the '65 & '66 models though. Was it Marina Blue or was that slightly different?

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not a turquoise fan but hey, this is America and if you like it that's all that matters.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice start to a good project, when you go with the 409 are you going to build headers or try and find the 65 only exhaust manifolds? keep in mind the oil pan is 65 only also but Show Cars makes a re pop pan for it but I have not tried one as I found an original for my car.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gotta love the black one. The stance in great but maybe a tick too low in the back, car looks flawless.
Of course like I said, I love black, it is a slimming color...