And so it Begins! 65 ss hardtop

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Always liked the yellow with black interior.....but that black kinda pulls ya in......

Harry Vanderveen

I love the evening orchid, thought about the yellow, the tahitian terqouse (blue green metalic) is listed on the form with color options for that year. Keep the opinions comming!

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I like yellow and orchid, to be a little different, but black and red almost always look good. No yellow, Pat????

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

I change my vote to the Tahitian Turquoise. Love that color.....just didn't know what it was called and wasn't picturing that as it's name. When I think turquoise I think of Ray's '60 and shades similar. Ray's car pulls it off superbly, but I can't see a 65 or up looking right with those shades of turquoise.

Harry Vanderveen

A little update, the tin man is installing the rear drop off panels, outer wheel house and fill quarter panels that we got from classic industries, tin man is butt welding the panels in which is something he has not done on this large a panel before, but patience is the key to making it work right! sorry no pics of progress but will post as soon as I get back to his shop again. Classic Ind. stuff looked pretty good and the gauge of the tin was a bit thicker than some of the AMD stuff I have seen for other makes. Tom K is shipping out the 65 409 this week and will have its permanent home here in eastern Ontario. Have a little trouble trying to find a clean rh frt fender and a rh door for my SS, please contact if you have any leads. thanks

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I'm excited that Harry is getting this date coded 1965 engine to go with his build. It has been a good performer in my '62 BA but I always felt it needed to be in a 1965 passenger car :) :) :)

IMG_9652.JPG
The engine needs the correct 1965 oil pan, and currently has the 583s heads and 881 intake. I believe originally it was a single four barrel 400 horse build.

Good luck!
TomK