Back home!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Not looking forward to getting my portion of the tab!

Total cost for single hip could get you Dennis' fine 63 Chevy :).

Knees cost more. My bilateral knee replacement totaled around $88K... And I think I got the volume discount :).

I've got an alarm and cameras that I think can recognize Phil from a distance :).

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
This oughta cheer you up.
9446cd054f05538424f2bee5ecd2eb3d.jpg
39f34cf0be59f2ceabe91fb748faf7b2.jpg

c47a5a0b861e31f9019bed5fedb5ed74.jpg
26c6d667210a4f15575a01acbced5340.jpg

5d4a19e0e1d9838ebd5dec6b7ea53fc8.jpg
10a7fa96b3a977a6e644736066724aa6.jpg
4b2934c7e660fc5e8b8cfba155fd918e.jpg

dc81917e70ef34a6d8bea40b9c1969ab.jpg
83dea15a3a3b5e09ecbcf6c408114acb.jpg

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Fantastic News! Glad to hear the replacement went well. As you already know with the knees, the PT is the critical part of the recovery. I hope it goes well. I am 10 years into my hip replacement and it is great, but I still keep up with the PT exercises. BTW, Make sure that the wife hasn't already sold your stash in the man cave! :well

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Cecil: Those are hilarious (and relevant). I'll have to show Barb the ceiling fan joke, that was one of the things I didn't get up in time for surgery. She wanted to replace a perfectly good 52" fan in the LR where I spend most of my time with a new one that has a remote. Too many other priorities and then there is the chance it might end up like that cartoon :). And it's right above me all the time!

Electrician that did the mancave came by yesterday and hung it, along with several other little tasks the wifey was requesting :).

John: I hope to get to that plateau soon, the one where I move like a ninja and there is no pain :). The PT is coming along fine, those legs lifts give me the fits but already they are getting easier!

TomK

Junky

Well Known Member
Tom.. Did they use Metric, Whitworth, SAE screws and bolts? This is important to know, so if any of them loosen up, you will have the right wrench to tighten them. Feel better, and will you be at the walker races this Friday evening at the rehab center? Junky

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil: Those are hilarious (and relevant). I'll have to show Barb the ceiling fan joke, that was one of the things I didn't get up in time for surgery. She wanted to replace a perfectly good 52" fan in the LR where I spend most of my time with a new one that has a remote. Too many other priorities and then there is the chance it might end up like that cartoon :). And it's right above me all the time!

Electrician that did the mancave came by yesterday and hung it, along with several other little tasks the wifey was requesting :).

John: I hope to get to that plateau soon, the one where I move like a ninja and there is no pain :). The PT is coming along fine, those legs lifts give me the fits but already they are getting easier!

TomK
I'm pretty good about dodging honey-do's but that is a pretty extreme way to get out of installing the ceiling fan. I never would have thought of getting a medical procedure to get out of household projects……maybe yard work, though.
You are the Master.