Back home!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tom,
Glad to hear your surgery went well, not to put a damper on anything but beware of those physical therapists, make sure the one working on you is well qualified. Seems like around here those places have opened up like gas stations in the sixties, they are on every corner. The therapist that I went to after my hip replacement was very aggressive and on the second day she dislocated my new hip, had to go back in the hospital to have it put back in place then had to wear a brace for 6 weeks. Not good, has been quite an ordeal, 2 years ago now, walking now without a cane but will never walk without a limp again. But, I must say that everyone else that I know that has had this operation has had great results.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tom, it looks like all of your preparation is paying off, glad to hear that. Now keep up the good work and listen to the medical folks!
dc

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Glad it went well. Looks like you were enjoying some happy juice.
You should write a report for those of us who may face the same issue some day.
Anybody get a shoulder done?
Cecil, I have had both of them repaired (not replaced) around 20 years ago, about 2 years apart. This was a direct result of being stupid about weight training. I learned a great deal, however, so please PM me if you have any questions... I don't want to clog up Tom's post. Just expect that each one will be a year-long rehab, and patience is key.

dc

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil, I have had both of them repaired (not replaced) around 20 years ago, about 2 years apart. This was a direct result of being stupid about weight training. I learned a great deal, however, so please PM me if you have any questions... I don't want to clog up Tom's post. Just expect that each one will be a year-long rehab, and patience is key.

dc
Thanks Dave and 55 Brodie. You might hear from me.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Glad to hear the surgery went well good luck with the rehab here’s to a speedy recovery

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
good luck with the rehab.
My friend had a knee done and he said his rehab nurse really pushed him to bend his leg, more than
he wanted -but it was what needed to be done.

Paul

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom K - Great to hear all went well! The rehab is the most important part.

Tom O

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Glad your surgery went well I too need some new knees and possibly a hip, but I'am going to tough it out until i get out from under Obama care :barf1and into medicare just might be able to afford it then