Back In Debt Again

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
That is a four door I could definitely live with. Trucks have come a long way. A Cadillac with a box, most of them. Remember when they were ten deep on the car dealership lots, 6, stick, freight ? No one buys the econo model today. Very nice vehicles with paint out of this world.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Cecil:

Sorry to learn of the local airplane accident :(.

We'll toast you and others that can't make it when we're together in BG, enjoy your get-togethers :)

TomK

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was blabbing about high school reunions...are you talking about a birthday or are your reunions a lot more fun than ours?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I think Cecil's post is hijacked to say the least!!!!!!!Now, Cecil didn't the show you all the bell's and whistle's on the truck when you bought it????? When i worked in a dealership the sale's men would set in vehicle with customer and show how every thing worked ,of course they would come back later because they would forget and have have to be told again .. :dunno Of course with all the electronic gadgetry i could see why!!!!!!:read

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
10-4 on the bells and whistles. The sales guy showed me, then I read the book(I really did), then I took the book out and set in the truck and went through things until I now have most of them figured out. I even had to tell the salesman how the automatic dim/bright feature worked on the headlights.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Can't make Bowling Green but I have a Navion convention in Ruidoso, NM in June, a HS reunion in San Antonio in Sept and a USCG reunion in Mobile in Oct. Still too busy with airplanes and son and family moving back to SLC the end of this month. Rental house they were living in is going on the market cuz I don't like being a landlord.
Lost an airplane and 2 people yesterday at the airport. Hit the road I drive on every day after the engine failed on takeoff. Sad time around the old home field.
No duallys for me. Have no use for them. With my 5.3 and 3:42 gears I can tow 9400 lbs which is enough for my open trailer and still get descent mileage. Playing with the drivers information center today and was amazed at the info it tracks. It displays fuel flow and for the last 50 miles driving around town I averaged 19.3 mpg. It even shows how many cylinders it's running on, either 4 or 8 and you can't even tell when it kills the 4 cyls. I still don't quite understand how it is done but I believe it kills the lifters closing the valves and shuts off fuel. Pretty amazing stuff.
Cadillac tried the V-8 / 6 / 4 back in the 80s. Wouldn't work worth a DAMM !!!
Hope it's better now !!
:dunno
:crazy:cheers

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
...With my 5.3 and 3:42 gears I can tow 9400 lbs which is enough for my open trailer and still get descent mileage...

How does that 5.3L fare with a loaded trailer? I see they've upped the horsepower and torque quite a bit from the previous 5.3L versions.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I've got a 2014 Silverado with the 5.3, 4x4 and 3.08 gear ratio. Less than 10k on it, so it's not broken in yet and I'm getting about 18.5 mpg. Never checked the mileage while pulling my open car trailer, but it does pull with no problem. Plenty of power for me even with the 3.08s. But I'm comparing this to my last truck, a 2005 Silverado with a 4.8.

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Seems turbos and superchargers are the hot ticket now. GM does some on cars but I don't believe the truck series as of now.
I read in the Dr's. office a road test on the " eco " 6 Ford series. When they snapped a total load of 6k behind it the mileage dropped to 10mpg. I bet the power went with it also.
GM builds some fantastic trucks. I just can't see 50k in a pick up though. Waiting for the low mileage grandma owned version to show up.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
When I went to Great Bend, KS on I-70 with my 2014 GMC Sierra Crew-Cab 4x4 pulling my 24ft. open trailer with my Impala. I had no problem, except when I was climbing those long hills near these windmills, downshifted to 4th gear. I was trying to stay with traffic and the speed limit (80 mph I think) never made it. But had no problem at 75 mph.
Avg'd 11.9 mpg with my 5.3l with 3:42 rear gear the trip of 2100 miles.

Dave

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We finally got around to buying Deb the new pickup we had planned on before I lost my job. She got a GMC 4 door, I thought the 2011 had some features but this thing has a whole bunch of stuff I'll never figure out how to use. The back up camera is kind of cool for hooking to the trailer, though.

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Between you and I we could open a used car lot, ..that is if the world likes Corvettes, GTOs and an occasional Belair. My wife said we should start down sizing. I guess a couple tractors may have to go. There are only five in that department.