Biscayne/BelAir 2dr sedan rear seat question

heddrik

Well Known Member
ok, cool. Nice to know. I ll file this away in my leaky old brain. Thank you again for the wealth of information. Anything else that is applicable to only 62 bubbletop?

62BillT

Well Known Member
OK, this is getting a little confusing, lol.

Now just for starters, doesn't the '62 Bel-Air BubbleTop have Rear Arm Rests like the Impala 2-Dr HT has as well as the Fillers on both ends of the Upper part of the Seat?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK, this is getting a little confusing, lol.

Now just for starters, doesn't the '62 Bel-Air BubbleTop have Rear Arm Rests like the Impala 2-Dr HT has as well as the Fillers on both ends of the Upper part of the Seat?

Yes, the 62 Bel Air Bubbletop has the spacers on the door panels like an Impala, but the seat back has no speaker.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I m interested to know this also, I can get a 64 Impala 4 dr back seat cheap. would it fit a 62 Bel Air? Thanks for your knowledgeable replies.
pulp
Also, a 4 door sedan seat can be modified into a 2 door sedan seat by squaring off the front corners.
Cecil is correct. 61-64 sedan seats are all the same The 2dr sedan and 4dr sedan seats are the same width, the only difference is the round corners on the 4dr seat. Any good upohstry shop can easily modifiy to square the corners.
As to the 2dr sport coupe seats 61-64 are the same as wel but they are narrower as they have the filler panels on either side, the impala has the speaker and the Bel-Air 61&62 does not.

Last edited:

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Do the bench's have part numbers?

How do you know what year they are from? I have a couple sitting in the shed.