Bob Kopachko

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
Sad news today. My dear friend and fellow 409 enthusist Bob Kopachko passed away today, after complications from heart surgury.
Last year after a long search , he bought the Good Old Mr Renolds 62 Impala. He was able to get it to the Rockin Race last year, and fulfilled a dream of his to race again.
He made many dear friends thorugh this forum, and looked forward to the get togethers. He was a great guy and will be missed. R.I.P Bob.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
RIP Bob it was honor knowing you my friend. I’ll never forget the look on yours and gordys faces when I made you go down the track with the group at the rock n race with your street cars, the smiles on your faces were priceless. Bob offered to let me use a race engine he had when I was having some issues and I didn’t even know him very well then , just a great guy!

Last edited:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Sad news :(.

Gordie introduced me to Bob just this past summer when I was in town briefly. He had to head out to help his grand daughter tow her car when it died on her. He was that kind of a guy :).

Just a few months back he posted on the Forum that he was looking for a 1963 814 block...

RIP Bob