Cars

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Wow it sucks to be this guy. Not only did he screw his Chevelle up and will have to weather the storm of continually calling himself a ******** but he'll probably get busted for not having his load secured and pay for the car that pasted his Chevelle.

Mark

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He deserves everything he gets for being such a dumbass!! He could have killed people, I am a cdl driver 45 miles south from where this happened and Washingtoon state has really cracked down on unsecured loads and uncovered loads except dump trucks as long as the top of the load is 6" below the top of the bed. Commercial vehicle enforcement really cracks down on us for no reason so these idiots need to be schooled through his check book

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
He deserves everything he gets for being such a dumbass!! He could have killed people, I am a cdl driver 45 miles south from where this happened and Washingtoon state has really cracked down on unsecured loads and uncovered loads except dump trucks as long as the top of the load is 6" below the top of the bed. Commercial vehicle enforcement really cracks down on us for no reason so these idiots need to be schooled through his check book

I know what your saying when I'm out in my dump working and if there's a DOT in my area and my lift axle is down there's a good chance I'll be on the side of the road waiting on the portable scales with a DOT wasting my time.

Mark

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Didn't have much trouble with the DOT with the aggregate delivery trucks. We kept them up pretty good, so they never found much. Overweight was not a problem as we had an outside readout on the scales. There was no reason for a driver to leave the scales overloaded. They paid any overloads themselves. They had nothing to gain by hauling overloaded as the drivers were paid by the hour. The DOT usually wasted their time stopping us.
Now, hauling oversize overweight equipment is a complete other animal. Especially if you throw in multiple States in a move for the permits. One fine was 28k.

Last edited:

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
35 chev.jpg

The 1935 Carryall Suburban was the first eight-passenger, steel-body station wagon, priced at $580. Sold with two, three, or four doors, it was powered by Chevrolet’s 60-horsepower six-cylinder engine. Chevy’s small-block V-8 and two-speed automatic transmission arrived in 1955, followed by four-wheel drive two years later. A conventional four-door model was added in 1973, and full-time four-wheel drive was a new option, completing the formula for all modern SUVs. GMC Suburbans were similar but marketed towards commercial customers, while Chevrolets were geared towards private users.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Didn't have much trouble with the DOT with the aggregate delivery trucks. We kept them up pretty good, so they never found much. Overweight was not a problem as we had an outside readout on the scales. There was no reason for a driver to leave the scales overloaded. They paid any overloads themselves. They had nothing to gain by hauling overloaded as the drivers were paid by the hour. The DOT usually wasted their time stopping us.
Now, hauling oversize overweight equipment is a complete other animal. Especially if you throw in multiple States in a move for the permits. One fine was 28k.

Well I was an owner operator and was paid by the ton and my area the tonnage rates sucked so you piled it on and ya took yer chances. My truck was only legal in Ohio with 16 tons and there was no way I could afford to haul legal. One week I was stopped twice by the Portable scales one load I had 28.5 tons on and the other load was 26.5 tons, they weigh you and give you a ticket and tell you see you next time.

Mark

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I sold my last truck 12 years ago next month. Other than my job in the Air Force, all I ever wanted to do was drive trucks. I still love them but I don't miss the DOT , insurance, fuel costs and truck hating lawyers!