Cars

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dick.. is that you sitting in the door opening? Considering that the Impala originally came with wide white wall tires, I am guessing that the picture was taken in the mid 1960's when wide white wall tires had been discontinued.

My dad had a 1960 black convertible just like this one. I had just finished waxing the car, and was going to take a ride, when a friend stopped by, and he jumped up onto the front fender. I asked him to get down, and join me in the front seat, and his response was something like "make me". I started to drive forward, and he started to slide off the fender. Seeing this, I hit the brakes, and he slid into the "guide" on the top of the fender, cutting his thigh open. Took him to the hospital and it required stitches to close up the wound. We told everyone that he fell on a rock and that is how he got injured.
I also like the other cars in the picture. It is a 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire convertible on the street, and the 1960 Plymouth Fury in the driveway.

No love for the little Rambler ragtop?:D

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I recall when they installed a big fan in the paint room. Worked great. When your smoke was done you let the fan dispose of the butt they told me.....:winner

We caught our smokes by the side door of the gym then we had in place several kids as lookouts with several weird noise's if they spotted a teacher it worked pretty well except one time. As we were walking up to the rear door to the gym ole Doc our Principle came walking out and asked what we were doing and we said nuffin and he said you smell like cigarette smoke and he says to me you better be careful you're gonna get caught and like a idiot I laugh at Doc at said no we won't. Well after lunch I was in math class failing another math test and I noticed Doc was making to many passes past the classroom and all of a sudden I broke out in to a cold sweat and I thought my efin smokes in my coat in my locker that you weren't aloud to lock (don't know where they came up with that name) and then Doc pokes his head inside the classroom and tells the teacher he wants to speak with me and the Teach says well he's taking a test right now and I say to Jerry my teacher it doesn't matter Jerry I'll go now because I'm going to fail it anyway.
Well to make a already long story short I got kicked out for a week so I rode the bus done to school and then walked down to the Sunoco station and pissed around there all day and to best of my knowledge ( which there isn't much of) Mom & Dad never found out about it and as they like to say Good Times X 2.:D

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Never did take auto shop as my dad had an automotive shop and I went there every day after school, I did however take general shop, wood and metal shops while in high school. Everyone use to pack in the johns during class breaks and pass cigarettes around, the ember would be about an inch long on them, someone would always be by the door standing guard, Ha. The air would be so smokey you could hardly see to the back when you walked in.