Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bill Bowman Photograph

129611721_843167346440441_2670237658198733399_o.jpg

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
This is different! I passed this in San Antonio on Tuesday (12/2/20) at a CarVana dealership. For those that aren't familiar with them, they are the latest car sales gimmick and have a car vending machine (that's the glass building). I couldn't figure out if the DeLorean was from the future or the past, but it was definitely unique. I had to turn around and go back to take some pictures.
IMG_2898-circle.jpgIMG_2900-circle.jpgIMG_2901-circle.jpg
John

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Do they have a little clamshell that lowers them to the ground?
I have not seen it work in person, but it looks like the cars are on individual platforms that are on rails, with cars displayed on four sides of the building. There is an open center in the building with an elevator that has a turntable that can accept the vehicle platform from any of the 4 sides and raise/lower the cars to the ground. And No, you can't shake the vending machine to get a free one.
Check out the video:

BTW, I personally am not a fan of these types of dealers. I don't understand people buying cars that they have not even seen in person, let alone driven them yet. It falls in the same category as mail-order brides.:dunno

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I have not seen it work in person, but it looks like the cars are on individual platforms that are on rails, with cars displayed on four sides of the building. There is an open center in the building with an elevator that has a turntable that can accept the vehicle platform from any of the 4 sides and raise/lower the cars to the ground. And No, you can't shake the vending machine to get a free one.
Check out the video:

BTW, I personally am not a fan of these types of dealers. I don't understand people buying cars that they have not even seen in person, let alone driven them yet. It falls in the same category as mail-order brides.:dunno
Right in Wristpin's wheel house!!!!!!

Junky

Well Known Member
.................. It falls in the same category as mail-order brides.:dunno

I like mail-order brides.. I tried it once and like it. I just sent her back as being not acceptable under the 30 day return policy. Got another, and sent that one back.... after the 4th one, they said I was too picky, and wouldn't send me another. 3 of the 4 were great in bed, and the 4th could cook great, but I was putting too much weight on, so I sent her packing. One was a French woman, but I couldn't understand what she was saying while having sex. Two was a French Canadian woman, and I had the same problem with her as the French woman. the 3rd was an American woman, and she would just lay there, and barely move. At first I thought that she had died, but then I remembered that was an American woman's way of demanding equal rights in the 1960's. Stayed single for a very long time, playing the field, when one day I mumbled something about marriage in my sleep, and 4 months later I was invited to show up at a wedding. Little did I know it was going to be mine.:furious

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I like mail-order brides.. I tried it once and like it. I just sent her back as being not acceptable under the 30 day return policy. Got another, and sent that one back.... after the 4th one, they said I was too picky, and wouldn't send me another. 3 of the 4 were great in bed, and the 4th could cook great, but I was putting too much weight on, so I sent her packing. One was a French woman, but I couldn't understand what she was saying while having sex. Two was a French Canadian woman, and I had the same problem with her as the French woman. the 3rd was an American woman, and she would just lay there, and barely move. At first I thought that she had died, but then I remembered that was an American woman's way of demanding equal rights in the 1960's. Stayed single for a very long time, playing the field, when one day I mumbled something about marriage in my sleep, and 4 months later I was invited to show up at a wedding. Little did I know it was going to be mine.:furious

Come on Junk.......who would even care what she’s saying during sex....!!!!....:Even more of a turn on when she’s trying to talk with a mouthful