Check those junkyard trunks carefully boys

bobs409

Administrator
You just never know what you will find! Today I scored 2 cans of Eastwoods undercoating of all things. :deal

Probably the best trunk find was a pair of brand new outer wheel houses for a 68/69 Chevelle. It just so happens, I needed them for my 69! And best of all, they only cost me $5 bucks each!

So what's the coolest thing you ever found in a junk car?

Attachments

• 100_8109.jpg
    100_8109.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 89

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
Uh yea, DO check carefully!

My old neighbor gave up the city tow franchise after finding the third body. :barf

First he tried to refuse towing from the airport parking lot.
They would not let him, so he gave up the whole route.

Best I ever found were some older coins.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
a wallet with close to $200 in it.

probably the best i ever got was a Z11 front bumper assembly (complete) for $65.00 i drove it around on my red car for 2 years then sold it to Rusty Symmes.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
About 70 assorted pieces of Snap On Tools,$37.00 in cash,4 perfect trim rings and center caps for my car at the time(87 Olds Cutlass)all in the same trunk. Neat score there. John

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
OH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NEW INFO......................maybe we need to have a recount of all the votes!!!!!!!!!!!

After thinking it over.............NAW!!!!! Yours might be more fun but Bob got the goldmine and the junkyard owner got the shaft!!!!! Someone ought to write a song about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno:dunno:dunno I'm just sayin'.............

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Just happened this morning...

Hard to believe, but I just purchased a "driver" this morning ($50) for a guy that does some odd jobs for me, and doesn't have a vehicle. It's a POS, a 1995 Geo Prizm. Opened the trunk up and found a cache of CDs and a whole bunch of fireworks. Now I am ready for the 4th!

Not sure what the CDs were, just threw them in a box, had to be a hundred of them. Probably all of Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits?

I haven't gone through the rest of the car, there are notebooks and empty cigarette cartons everywhere, along with a ton of parking tickets. It starts and runs and passes inspection, that's all I wanted. What a deal, eh? Now I don't have to pick the guy up whenever I need his help!

Cheers,
TomK

wally409

Well Known Member
Junkyard finds - 1980

Heard of a guy in Fernie BC when I was living in Lethbridge, Alberta. He had a bunch of old Chevys and some 409 stuff that he was getting rid of. I got hold of him and he had several sets of hi-po heads that he was selling. Not only did I buy a pair from him, he delivered the 690's with valves, springs, keepers - the whole lot - to my place a couple of weeks later.
The price? $50. I still have them on my bubbletop. :cheers

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
While i was removing some interior windshield trim from a 62 4 door I found a Dinsmore compass hanging from the rear view mirror. Brought it home, polished it up and filled it with compass fluid. Sold on ebay for 750.00 buy it now. :cool:

bobs409

Administrator
Hey Brian, what exactly is compass fluid? :? I didn't see that on the shelf at Autozone. :D

I too found one of those but it was on the dashboard of a 69 Chevy pickup and in BAD shape. Put it on ebay for .99 cents and I think I got about $170 for it. :deal

hrlykngt

Well Known Member

I had the door panel off my 61 Impala and found a silver dollar down in the botttom, guess it was worth at least a dollar.

bought an old 60 ford from a lady for 25 dollars, she wanted it gone and said thats what the junkyard offerd her so I was in the right place at the right time and I jumped on the chance, I drug it home bout a half a mile from my house, I liked the lines and always wanted to build an early big block ford pro streeter and a matching chevy pro streeter. bout a week later her son came by and wanted to get some of his stuff from the trunk,I didnt have a key and had never tried to bust the lock out and check in there. He had the key. Inside the trunk there was an ak 47, 30 cal m1, m16 and about 10,000 rounds of ammo. He had been keeping it hidden at his moms house. Needless to say he was pretty p o his mother had sold the car.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I bought a 73 Corvette from a crazy girl once for $1500. It was pretty rough, but it ran and I figured I could clean it up and flip it for enough to pay for some parts I needed. As I was cleaning out the inside, I found loose change all over the car.....under the carpet, in every nook and cranny....it was like whenever she was in the car and had any change she must have just thrown it over her shoulder. I collected about $20 in pennies, nickles,dimes, and quarters before hitting the jackpot. Stuffed between the carpet and the console was a $100 bill neatly folded up:cool::cool:...probably emergency funds. I think she was on drugs, but I have to wonder how she made her living.:scratch:crazy
Sold the car later for $3500.:deal:cheers
:D

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Never found much more than junk.

I did leave a Z11 front bumper assembly (complete) in a car trunk once. If anybody finds it, please call me.