Check those junkyard trunks carefully boys

BobsBB

Well Known Member
67 GTO find

when restoring a 1967 GTO i found a owners manual , and another book with dealer validation coupon's with steel vin tags glued in the book...

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I bought a complete Toyota Corona Mark II 4 door sedan from a tow yard police impound auction, no one bid on it. Unknown if it ran or moved or stopped, but it was straight and just dirty with faded paint for two hundred bucks. Charged the battery and it started, put in a couple quarts of tranny fluid and it moved, opened the trunk and there was junk and clothes, and cheap tools, but way down deep in that mess was a brand new Italian six shooter, western style 22, cheap black, looks like it was never fired. Sold the car for six hundred bucks cash, filled my dumpster with most of the junk, got about a hundred for the tools, and gave the six shooter to my son in law who was a cop at that time.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My car model story

In the 80's I was selling my truck for $6,000. Had a sign in the window and a guy comes by and looks at it. Says he will come back with is wife and the cash. later in the day he and his wife return and agree to buy the truck. We all go inside my house and sit at the table talking. My wife comes home and notices I have a mess under the table. A bunch of started car models. She packs them up while everybody is at the table and puts them in my closet. When the people get to paying for the truck they can't find the money. We looked everywhere possible. They finally give up and figure they dropped it at home or the bank. Says they will be back if they find it. I don't know who they are or where they came from. Jump forward about 20 years. I am selling models at a swap and have a partial built model marked $1.00. Guy picks it up and asks if it is complete? I pick it up and look inside.....envelope marked money for truck, $6,000 inside in 100s. Now if the guy had just handed me the dollar, he would have been telling a story like this. Funny that when I opened the box and saw the envelope, it struck me like a ton of bricks what it was.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Hey Brian, what exactly is compass fluid? :? I didn't see that on the shelf at Autozone. :D
Actually Bob Compass fluid is real necessary around here. go to vikingoptics.com for some info. It's actually quite high I think.
robert

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
In the 80's I was selling my truck for $6,000. Had a sign in the window and a guy comes by and looks at it. Says he will come back with is wife and the cash. later in the day he and his wife return and agree to buy the truck. We all go inside my house and sit at the table talking. My wife comes home and notices I have a mess under the table. A bunch of started car models. She packs them up while everybody is at the table and puts them in my closet. When the people get to paying for the truck they can't find the money. We looked everywhere possible. They finally give up and figure they dropped it at home or the bank. Says they will be back if they find it. I don't know who they are or where they came from. Jump forward about 20 years. I am selling models at a swap and have a partial built model marked $1.00. Guy picks it up and asks if it is complete? I pick it up and look inside.....envelope marked money for truck, $6,000 inside in 100s. Now if the guy had just handed me the dollar, he would have been telling a story like this. Funny that when I opened the box and saw the envelope, it struck me like a ton of bricks what it was.

DAYYYAMMM YOU WIN.

jarretts409

i bought a truck for a $100.00 for some parts for a mudd truck my buddys and me
are building a couple weeks ago, and above the sunvisor there was $250.00 folded up, it was a great day ,free parts and cash back Jarrett

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Bob,Watch out for those Copper Heads this time of year in the cars.About 2 years ago I had a snake experience in a 69' Impala,pulling the seatbelts out.Heard a noise,looked down and a snake was curling around my leg.I could have S#%* !!,Anyway the snake was as scared as I was,he went out a hole in the rear floor board.I never got out of a car so fast in all my life.I jumped on a roof of a T-Bird ,stayed there for about 15 minutes until I saw the snake leaving.Fortunately for me it was only a black snake. A good friend opened up an air cleaner and a Copper Head was inside the cleaner.Fortunately no one was hurt in that incident. John

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cecil: Marine "formula" is higher. probably the same stuff though
robert

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Back in the mid 80's, I bought a 61 Impala Bubbletop (complete, drivable car) as a parts car for another 61 Bubbletop I was restoring.

Under the driver side front seat was 2 XXX stag movies in 8MM!

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
Now stop playing dead, Goldie!

A big dead golden retriever or yellow lab. I closed the lid too fast to tell the difference. Back at the office, the yard owner said it was his pet, hit by a car out on the highway. He planned to bury it once the ground thawed and he didn't expect anyone to look in there in the mean time :doh

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Can't remember the car, it was over 30 years ago but when
I got it home it had a full set of construction tools............:eek:
Pics, shovels, cement tools, saws, etc.........:beerbang

Still using them today...........oh my achin' back.....:doh

:cheers
bj