Dave Coots

Junky

Well Known Member
Good to see that you are on the mend. Those red, black, and blue marks are just like paint flaws. It is what's inside that counts, and as long as you are still moving on that leg, it will heal. Don't be surprised if the "paint flaws" take a lot longer to go away. Sometimes, they stay with you for life, but that is a small price to pay when you still have 2 good legs to walk with. I have a permanent bruise on my lower back from a fall on the ice over 20 years ago. Your body has a remarkable way of healing itself, as long as you don't abuse it while it is healing.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I figure that's about halfway black and blue to what it will be Phil. It's nothing compared to some of the real illness' some of the guys here deal with.
Yes, this site does seem to attract the mentally challenged, :cry2, I'm glad it took someone of your caliber to finally tell it like it is. :cryblow. Thank you you ole Coot. Now maybe I can seek help without feeling like I'm different.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Good to see that you are on the mend. Those red, black, and blue marks are just like paint flaws. It is what's inside that counts, and as long as you are still moving on that leg, it will heal. Don't be surprised if the "paint flaws" take a lot longer to go away. Sometimes, they stay with you for life, but that is a small price to pay when you still have 2 good legs to walk with. I have a permanent bruise on my lower back from a fall on the ice over 20 years ago. Your body has a remarkable way of healing itself, as long as you don't abuse it while it is healing.
That's called a blood tattoo. It takes a big hit in that area to get that tatt. Here's another picture of me losing. This is as close to getting a Hallmark "get well soon" card from me as your going to get.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 28

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Looks like Doppler radar .........storm front moving in.........But the first thing that came to mind is it’s football season .......... go purple ....... go Vikings !!!.....Feels like a commercial..........Que the NFL music......!!!!!!

Get well Dave !!!!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Us ole Coots (no pun intended) never seem to learn that there are cables running down to the end of your trailer ramp, me included. I haven't went down yet but pulled my hammy more than once,not seriously like Ole Dave though. I guess the addition of a bright colored pipe insulation tube would help. We all should put our collective heads together and address this hazard. My dimming eyesight most definitely is a factor. This may seem funny to the younger guys but I'm being serious here. Next 409 gathering let's come up with a plan or, who's next?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Damn Ray, I thought I was the only dimwit. I had blue foam pool thingys on mine. I think what got me was that when I pulled the car up to the ramp after the last run, I pulled it up close so I could hook up the winch cable easier. I had no reason to not load the car for the night right then, but I didn't. The car was just parked too close to the cables. No one to blame but myself. Usually I park a bit further back from the cables for just the reason you mentioned. I pretty well set myself up for the fall. Appreciate your ideas.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Us ole Coots (no pun intended) never seem to learn that there are cables running down to the end of your trailer ramp, me included. I haven't went down yet but pulled my hammy more than once,not seriously like Ole Dave though. I guess the addition of a bright colored pipe insulation tube would help. We all should put our collective heads together and address this hazard. My dimming eyesight most definitely is a factor. This may seem funny to the younger guys but I'm being serious here. Next 409 gathering let's come up with a plan or, who's next?
Electric winch mounted in roof area ,one cable needed . Control cable is mounted to outside trailer . Once door is dowm loosen cable disconnect can be laid to side of trailer. . I know it can be done ,anything is possible if you try hard enough.!!!!!!