Differential codes

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Skip, a pcv system would have saved your wagon. With that much oil going into the intake, it would not have run. No fire. Okay Aubrey, calm down, I dont want you re-injuring that shoulder because of laughing at the pcv joke. I am working on something that should be a an improvement . Why not run steel braided line from intake manifold (road draft tube inlet) to a reciever welded to one of the header collectors? A poor mans evacuator. It sounds so simple that I am probably overlooking something. We will see, unless someone points out to me that it is a bad idea.

M

MK IISS

Out Of Tht Past

Fred: You are lunch meat if this car comes out of retirement.

06-19-2003

" i have a 1963 chevrolet belair 2dr sdn with all matching numbers all original belair with factory a/c p/s p/b with the 283 v8 i rebuilt the v8 and modified it alil and is now rated at 495 hp with a 2 spd powerglide trans and a 4.56 posi rearend and did 0 to 60 ft time of 1.700 sec at 57 mph at 1.78 G's and the 1/8 mile at 7.80 secs at 89 mph and the 1/4 mile in 10.85 sec at 125 mph with a trap speed of 123 mph. the car has won over 30 1st place trophies, 15 2nd and 5 3rd place trophies and has only been in 56 race events and i rebuilt the engine recently cause im retireing the car from dragracing......"

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That wouldn't be the infamous 61 283 Corvette motor we've all been hearing about? All I can say is WOW........ Zora would be proud...:argue:

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've got a can or two of that traction spray in my collection--but had never seen the guts of the unit. Thanks for linking to the item.

SteveD

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ronnie Russell said:
Skip, a pcv system would have saved your wagon. With that much oil going into the intake, it would not have run. No fire. Okay Aubrey, calm down, I dont want you re-injuring that shoulder because of laughing at the pcv joke. I am working on something that should be a an improvement . Why not run steel braided line from intake manifold (road draft tube inlet) to a reciever welded to one of the header collectors? A poor mans evacuator. It sounds so simple that I am probably overlooking something. We will see, unless someone points out to me that it is a bad idea.

Yep,, Ill be the first,, You will need the panvac gizmo that goes on the bung on the header. This is basically a one way valve to keep the vaccumm going the right way,, out !! GM item or any parts house,,dq

Ronnie Russell said:
Why not run steel braided line from intake manifold (road draft tube inlet) to a reciever welded to one of the header collectors? A poor mans evacuator. QUOTE]

You bet, Ronnie.... with that required baffle not in place, it will evacuate all right....
It'll evacuate every last drop of oil out of your pan:eek: :roll :roll :roll

HEEE HAA HEEE !!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
CDNpontiac409guy said:
Ronnie Russell said:
Why not run steel braided line from intake manifold (road draft tube inlet) to a reciever welded to one of the header collectors? A poor mans evacuator. QUOTE]

You bet, Ronnie.... with that required baffle not in place, it will evacuate all right....
It'll evacuate every last drop of oil out of your pan:eek: :roll :roll :roll

HEEE HAA HEEE !!!

O YAH,, I forgot that that was part of this question !!!:stooges

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The jokes on you, Aubrey. With the cost of gasoline, I wont be able to afford to drive the car anyway. I will sit in the driver seat and rev the motor up every once in a while. I have decided the best way to operate this car is to put a drain pan under the road draft tube and catch the oil and recycle it. Maybe even hang an electric fuel pump in the drain pan and pump it right back into the oil filler tube. :roll :roll