Ebay tips for buyers (add any you know!)

bobs409

Administrator
Thought of 2 good ebay topics, this one called ebay tips for buyers and a seperate one for sellers.

If you care to share any of your little secrets for coping with ebay as a buyer, feel free to add to this list.

bobs409

Administrator
Buying more than 1 item from the same seller? Be sure to ask about combining the shipping before purchase. Most will do so gladly. (I know I do) :)

Be sure to wait for an invoice to be sent before paying so the seller can adjust the ship charges.

bobs409

Administrator
Looking for something specific on ebay? (or anywhere for that matter) It pays to shop around, look through all the search results. Don't just jump at the first one you find. Be sure to take shipping cost into account too.

Another good idea is to search Google to see if that item is available anywhere else cheaper.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Be careful not to fall for the newer feedback system Ebay uses where old negatives drop off and show people with 100% positive.
Also beware of big company (usually foreign) sellers with 98 or 99 % positive who sell tens of thousands of items as that usually means they have SEVERAL negative transactions within the last few months.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Looking for something specific on ebay? (or anywhere for that matter) It pays to shop around, look through all the search results. Don't just jump at the first one you find. Be sure to take shipping cost into account too.

Another good idea is to search Google to see if that item is available anywhere else cheaper.
GOOD TIP Bob --- A while back I needed a new water softener and most I found on ebay were about the same price. Google search found same water softener much cheaper.

ridgy didge

Well Known Member
Don't use auto bidding,eBay uses it to drive up the price which benefits the seller and eBay.
Sniper programs let u buy in a similar way (very simplistic explanation I know)but work in the buyers favour and save you money.

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
As bob already said watch the shipping cost.I was looking a coil bracket recently and the seller wanted $14.00 to ship it so I did not bid on it.I would think that could have been a postal delivery for a lot less.

bobs409

Administrator
Just pryed $5.00 out of ebay's greedy little hands! Did you know that if you buy something on ebay and it has "guaranteed delivery" on it that if it's not delivered by the day listed, you can go to ebay and report it, then they either send you a $5.00 voucher to spend on ebay (for 30 days), return the item or contact seller about the late item.

Not all sellers offer it but keep an eye for any late deliveries and cash in on ebay for a change! Supposedly ebay PAYS for it, not the seller! I never heard of this before, it seems to go back to at least 2017!

I've bought an item that is 2 days late so now I got $5.00 to make me happy for a while. :happy

Read about it here:
https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/sh...uaranteed Delivery&intent=Guaranteed Delivery

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yeah some of those Ebay shipping charges are highway robbery. When I buy anything anywhere I pay right away that's the way my parents raised me to be.

Mark