Engine miss at shift solved!!!

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
HEY dq409 - I have finnally fixed the problem I have been having when shifting the car at full throttle at the drag strip. I believe that removing the resistor wire from the ign circut and rewiring with 12 gage wire back to the ign switch did the trick!! Possible other things that I did to the engine since running at the track are: installing a A/F meter, leaning out the primary side of the carb considerably and redoing the PVC hose and conections that run from the base of the carb to the valve cover. Tonight I made 4 passes down the 1/4 mile times were:
14.732/93.78 - tentative on the shifts
14.742/95.20 - PVC hose came off - hose is alittle short
14.616/95.11-14.606/95.20-60s 2.20s
This was ran at the track which is 15 minuets from my house. This spring the track surface was totally tore up and 330' ft of concrete w/retaining wall and new pavement includeing return roads. All night long I had people looking my car over and asking the dreaded question. 409-No. TomO

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Right on Tom !!! Good times too! Sounds like it was the wrong coil. Really hard to tell , but if a 12 volt feed works,,,,GREAT !! Glad you found the problem.,,,dq