Farm Truck W (how about activity and pics)

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I made a set of headers back in the summer and used a weld up small block kit from jegs mated to some 409 flanges.These were 1 7/8 inch tubes inside the frame on a 34 chevy coupe with an aftermarket frame and they were quite a job and very time comsuming but i finally got them finished.There might be a better way by taking something like a corvette header which should be shorter from top to bottom and mating them to the 409 flanges

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
did you go outside the frame rails or tuck them inside?

Inside the frame because i wanted to use the fenders and if i had went outside the frame that would have been a hole lot easier to do it would have have gotten in the way of that.I have looked at a lot of pictures of the old cars and many have stock manifolds if they have the front fenders on them i now see way that is.

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The beginning of the end. I gotta tell you, the guy at ACP is great to work with for a non-header-maker like me. He did say something like the 409 flange setup is one of the more difficult, I guess because of the vastly different port shapes and locations and the down angle. More to follow in a week or so hopefully. I do have a"plan" here but I won't waste your time with it unless it works!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 46

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The beginning of the end. I gotta tell you, the guy at ACP is great to work with for a non-header-maker like me. He did say something like the 409 flange setup is one of the more difficult, I guess because of the vastly different port shapes and locations and the down angle. More to follow in a week or so hopefully. I do have a"plan" here but I won't waste your time with it unless it works!

That is definely out side the frame

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You know what the say..."outside the box". I would have been happy with block huggers but they didn't hug enough.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
So I got a little distracted today and started looking at the C-10 autocross/track trucks people are building. Absolutely nuts but very cool. I'm not going there but I can sure appreciate the effort and workmanship.