Finally Got it Running !!!!!!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
For everyone who has put up with me for the last year - Thanks, Thanks, Thanks...

The 409 is up and running:clap :clap Took it to the dyno on Friday and everything was very exciting for sure.... She is putting out 380 torque at 3500 rpm and just short of 380 hp at 5500 rpm. I'm very satisfied with those numbers because she idles very nice, has great response and runs on pump gas...:cheers

Special thanks to Jack at 409 Performance for all his patience with me over the past year. He took care of me at every turn and always came through with just the parts or answers I needed.

Special thanks to Ronnie also for all his personal emails and help....

Just couldn't have completed this without everyone on the forum..... Big Thanks to all... :cheers If we can ever get together, the drinks are on me....

I'll update some pictures on the webpage as soon as possible... Hope to have the motor back in the car in the next month or so and will keep everyone updated. That is the easy part now that it runs...:cool:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congratulations!

Nuts, I know it's been a long, hard road getting that "W" in the way you wanted it. I hope this is the answer, and that you have many years ahead of easy crusing with the new drivetrain :). Best of luck, and we all look forward to meeting both you and the car in the near future.

Cheers!

TomK

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Way to go Nuts! :clap If I remember right you were going to use a Comp. cam with 224/230 @.050 with 110 deg. of lobe separation. And you also had 333 heads on a stock stroke 409 right? I was curious how it'd turn out. Sounds like a winning combination.:deal With 380hp at only 5,500 rpm that thing will be a pleasure to drive.:beerbang What kind of intake are you running?

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Congrats!!!! Sounds like a great engine that you have there!!

Nuts, it would be great if you could share alittle about the combination. Not many times do we get a combo PLUS dyno info.

TomO

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nuts said:
Just couldn't have completed this without everyone on the forum..... Big Thanks to all... :cheers If we can ever get together, the drinks are on me....

WOW !! AIN`T YAH HAPPY !!! Congrats !! Now about tose beers ???:brow

Since I`m one of the closest to you how about I have one of those beers for each of the members that can`t make it ??:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Seriously,, I`ll see you next time I`m in Boise!:deal ,,dq

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thnaks for all the replies !!!

DQ, I'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip.... We can put down a couple for sure !!!:cheers

I'm on the road right now so when I get home I'll post the spec's on the motor and a couple of pictures of the dyno test going on. Just don't have the right equpment right now...

Thanks to all