First Showing of my 1962 Chevrolet Ambulance

Junky

Well Known Member
Yesterday I took the 1962 C/B Chevrolet Ambulance to the Historic Festival - Sunday in the Park at Limerock (CT) Racetrack Concours d'Elegance • Gathering of the Marques. The best way to describe this event, is to use the tracks own words.......

A highlight of Historic Festival is Sunday in the Park and its acclaimed featured, including the Concours d'Elegance and Gathering of the Marques. In the concours, nearly 300 outstanding entries are on display on Sam Posey Straight. The Gathering of the Marques offers an additional 800+ cars celebrating the event around the rest of the 1.5 mile track. Held on Sunday during the Historic Festival, Sunday in the Park provides festival-goers with an unlimited supply of amazing automobiles to enjoy.

Quite to my surprise, surrounded by all those wonderful GM cars, I was presented with 1st Place in the General Motors + Related Brands classification.

Thanks to all that helped me with advise in the past, and the future.. Junky

MVC-008L.JPGMVC-007L.JPGMVC-004L.JPG

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Got to get a picture from my father, turned 80 in June. First new car; 1962 Impala 2dr, 327-300, three speed with pull overdrive. After he got out of the Army in 1961, Joined the Maryland State Police. First Trooper to get a brand new 1962 Biscayne with 327-300 Three on the tree. Met up with some buddies on the Delaware State Police then; they were running 409's in their DSP Chevys. Troopers showed Dad the cinder blocks in the trunk to keep them on the road!!! I joined MSP and my first vehicle was a marked 1994 Chevy Caprice with police package; SS is based on it. Ran V rated Goodyears. They put a fuel pump cutoff in the 95 & 96 police package; but not my 94. We did "testing" with radar and found the 95 & 96 models to cut off around 125 mph (fuel cut out) Unmarked "rollers" were a couple of miles an hour faster. Dad had some neat cars!

Junky

Well Known Member
What town in Alaska did you find the am blance?????????

The Chevrolet came from Nebraska. My 1978 Superior Cadillac came from Copper River EMS in Glennallen. Prior to Copper River, it was a hospital ambulance in Stettler, Alberta , Canada. I also have a 1969, that came from South Wasco County Ambulance, Maupin, Oregon

1978 Superior Cadillac,StettlerAB.jpg

Last edited: