Fltotheo from Germany

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
Hi, my name is Flo, I’m from Germany and I’m Impala obsessed, as most of you, I guess.

I have a 59 Convertible and a 62 Convertible. The 59 is a survivor and the 62 is a frame off restauration. At least I thought that it was a frame off when I bought it. I bought the car at the Chevy Shop in El Monte, owner seemed to be a nice guy but as I noticed when the car arrived in Germany he wasn’t. Nothing worked, Motor blow up after 20 miles driving, which wasn’t the baddest at all. All rockers were rotten and just overpainted, and because of the weak rockers none of the doorgaps was correct and so, paint began to crack, etc.

I lost the joy of that car for about 10 Years, I couldn’t even watch it. Now I decided to change things and start a new frame off. So I hope i‘ll get a little bit help here, and maybe I can help, too!

Cheers, Flo.

BTW. I‘m searching a date correct 327 with powerglide!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You have good taste in cars Flo. Welcome to the site.

What are those "inserts" on your heater hoses?

Don

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
Thanks@all for the warm welcome!

@Jim: that’s the problem, from the distance the 62 looks near perfect, but: they blasted the body, but didn’t do any rust repair and then painted the whole thing!

@Don: you can close the circulation of the water with it. I didn‘t do that, it was the guy who owned the car before me, but I don’t know why he did it!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to our zoo! There's a guy on craigslist around here that has a 327/gilde package for sale,but from the pictures,I think that It may be around a 65.What's wrong with your existing package?

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
@Don Jacks: there are a couple packages on Craigslist that could fit, but most of the sellers don‘t answere my messages, and those who does don‘t want to sell to Germany because they think it’s more work for them. Which is obviously wrong, because I would take care of the whole transport.
Honestly, nothing is wrong with the existing package, it’s a 350/TH350 package and I just want to make it date correct

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Welcome to the best site for 348/409, 58 through 65 409 Chevy's. Don't be discouraged by your getting burnt on your deal we've all been there. Best thing is to make the best of a bad situation. Let's see if the members here can help you put things right. How can we help?

Fltotheo

Well Known Member
@IMBVSUR? i‘m from Heidelberg!

@Fathead Racing thanks, sometimes it’s just good to hear that you‘re not the only person who had issues with deals! And thank you for the helping offer, I really could need help sometimes. On the one hand with your knowledge, on the other hand maybe someone has the parts i‘m searching or knows someone trustworthy who has them. The network for these cars is so much bigger in the states. Here in Germany, i‘m pretty much alone with my hobby

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I'm continually amazed by the efforts of those enthusiasts who live far away from our Lower 48 states and yet are somehow able to collect rare and valuable automobiles. Here in the States we have opportunities to "uncover" old parts that were cast off or otherwise set aside back in the day. A lot less inertia here in the States :).

The "interweb" (I know the difference between the two) brings us closer together, while we keep our distances in place. Amazing!

Your collection looks to be growing and we look forward to helping you out as you move forward with your projects!

Cheers! TomK