Fred Totten

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Tony!!

You hit the nail on the head about the late Fred Totten. We are all going to miss this great person.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
This has been a shock to read this forum today. I didn't get to meet Fred but did respect and read all of his postings to this site. Rest in peace Fred and to his family I am sure he was as great a person to you as on this site.

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
I never got meet Fred anywhere but on this forum, but, what I know is this was a man who cared about our hobby, loved his family, apparently never met a stranger here or in the flesh. He will be missed.

Godspeed Fred, and may the Totten family know that Fred's many friends from this forum have them in their hearts and prayers today.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Fred Totten Memorial Page

Bob,
This may be a little premature, but the thought occurred to me that you might consider establishing a Fred Totten Memorial page on the site. It would be nice to see some pics and a few stories from those of you who actually met Fred in the flesh and might have some good stories concerning him. I would make the first contribution in his name (in addition to my own long overdue contribution) to support the site and Fred's page. I really regret not bing able to meet him in person and feel through his page we could all sort of keep him alive here.
Thoughts?
:bow :cheers :dunno

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Photos of Fred

Here's some photos of Fred,when I seen him at a NSCA at Martin Michigan in 09/09/06

Attachments

• Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture 097.jpg
    Picture 097.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 127

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
God, please take care of this man, Fred Totten, because he was a loved by all. He has left his mark on Earth by being a true friend to all. :hug

And if he wants to organize a cruise or match race please let him because nobody does it better.:)

Sandy and I met Fred at the Convention and it was an honor.
Our thoughts are with Fred's family and friends at this time of sorrow.

God Bless

Paul and Sandy

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have never met Fred in person but feel the same loss.

He always took the time to respond to posts with a wealth of information about the cars we love.

I am 44 years old and was just born when our cars were new. The information that Fred passed along about the stories/experiences are priceless. He was able to pass this information on to the next generation.

God bless the Totten family in their time of loss.

Mike Scano

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
My sincere condolences to StageRt (John)…the rest of Fred’s family, his friends at home, and to those here on this forum that are grieving at this time. I’ve always enjoyed Fred’s discussions on this forum. I too will miss him.

RCE1962

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Though I never had the honor to meet Fred I did get to chat with him through this great forum. He gave me and thousands of others a wealth of information and inspiration when the times where tough.
May the Totten family rest easy knowing that their father brother and our genuinely caring friend is at peace.

With love

The Benzel Family

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This Is Mike Veach

This Is Mike Veach Kennas, Fiance (fred Totten's Daughter). We Are So Sorry To Inform All His Friends. That He Passed Away Last Night At 8:00 Pm. He Is With Verna And His Son David In Heaven. Racing Down Gods Strip Now. The Showing Is Nov 26 2006 From 4:00 Pm Till 8:00 Pm. The Funeral Is Monday At 1:00 Pm. At Breitenbach-mc Coy - Leffler 517 S Sutphin St Middletown Oh 45044. You All Have Been True Friends. We Are So Sorry To Let You Know This Way.
Everybodys Friend
Mike Veach And Kenna Bower

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mike, It made a lot of us feel at ease a bit knowing that you and Kenna were looking after good old Fred when we couldn't be there. You have our sympathy and gratitude. Bob

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It is with a heavy heart to hear of Fred's passing. John you are sure one nice person to keep us up to date with the ordeal. We all would like to know how the family is doing and want you to know that Fred was one heck of a nice person to me. None of us can get out of this world alive unless the Lord comes so we all must face this day and Fred faced it squarely and bravely. He will surely be missed.:cry Roy

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Sad day.

My condolences to the Totten family . He will be sorely missed.

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just found out about Fred's passing. His life was characterized by his love for his family and friends, and for his devotion to having fun w/ '09's.

Until we meet again Fred, may God bless you and keep you on his "help desk." Our thoughts are with the Totten family at this time of sorrow...:cry

Jim & Sharon Miller

bobs409

Administrator
Cecil,

I think that is a great idea. :clap I think we should have all the members that were close to Fred put in a sentence or two as well. A few pics and a few kind words by his friends and we'll have a nice page to keep permanently on the site in his memory.

I don't want rush this and want to do this right. Perhaps in a week or so, we'll start collecting some pics and the member comments and I can put a page together.

Since I didn't know Fred personally, maybe some members that know more about him can help give some background info for the page. Perhaps something about his racing days, hobbies, etc, etc. I've never written anything like this before so will need help getting this worded properly.

Bob

Bob,
This may be a little premature, but the thought occurred to me that you might consider establishing a Fred Totten Memorial page on the site. It would be nice to see some pics and a few stories from those of you who actually met Fred in the flesh and might have some good stories concerning him. I would make the first contribution in his name (in addition to my own long overdue contribution) to support the site and Fred's page. I really regret not bing able to meet him in person and feel through his page we could all sort of keep him alive here.
Thoughts?
:bow :cheers :dunno

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I have not been able to check in here for the last couple days, and am very shocked and surprised to learn of Freds passing. Like many others, I had never met Fred, but have always aprreciated him as one of the great members here. Fred always kept a very cool head here and was a very upstanding man. There was so much that he shared and contributed here.
He will truly be missed. My heart goes out to all of his family and friends.
There will certainly be a void without him.

Fred you will be missed.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Fred will be missed

Belated condolences.
Sorry, I was away and missed the latest updates about Fred.
I met him in KC in '04 and always looked forward to his posts
on this forum.
Sure gonna miss his great sense of humor and knowledge.
What a great guy............:hug

Rest in peace Fred.....you will always be remembered here.

bj

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I found out about Fred's passing late Friday night and immediately got a empty feeling in my stomach. He was a fine man and will missed by all. My condolences go out the Totten family. The next get together should be,The Fred Totten Memorial 409 Shoot Out. He will always be in our memories.
QS409