Gauging Interest: South Eastern Members Get Together

Would you be interested in attending a Southeastern 348/409 Get Together??

• Total voters

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
COUNTING DOWN :D............................ weather Forecast, Sat. Sunny 70's with a 10% chance of rain and Sunday looks like Sunny 80's with a 10% chance of rain
Beautiful weather and a Nostalgia race, so how bout it ya'll lets have a little get together watch some racing, tell a few lies
get ready for the big one in Great Bend :dance

Donny Hammond

Well Known Member
I hope to make the next one, my surgery has been moved up to 7.30 in the a.m. .Everyone have FUN and have a safe trip....Donny

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We'll be praying for you Donny.....and looking forward to meeting you soon. Are you planning on making it out to the National Convention in September? I'll be flying out there from Atlanta.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Alright Guys.............Leaving out Sat mornin heres another invitation, for you guys to come and hang out with some fellow w engine enthusiasts.
Weather is suppose to be Sat high 82 low 52 and zero chance of rain, Sun high of 80 and 20% chance of rain............................................Also Saturday Night at the track................... I'LL BUY ALL THE HOTDOGS YOU CAN EAT at the track....................but you have to be there, so come on

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well I finally finished up the head gaskets on the mini-van this evening......been working on it every dry evening lately from when I get home around 6:30 to about 8:30 when it's just too dark. Cranked right up......and immediately started chugging white smoke that smells like coolant. Engine oil looks like chocolate milk. :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang The head bolts call for 45 ft pounds plus 95 degrees additional turn. I couldn't get a full 95 degree turn on some of the bolts in the cramped engine compartment, so I would split it into two pulls of slightly over 45 degrees each thinking that should do the same thing. I don't have much experience with this Torque To Yield head bolt stuff.....so wonder if I screwed that up.....I obviously did something wrong......unless the block could be cracked. ??? Heads were pressure checked and slightly milled while it was apart. At least it will be easier the second time around now that I know what all I have to do and where everything goes.
Sorry for venting, but my wife and I are feeling pretty defeated with this thing right now.

Jacob (my 12 year old) is coming to Chattanooga with me......we'll be leaving out Saturday morning and coming back Sunday. I think he's excited to be coming along....and it just being the two of us. We don't get to spend much one-on-one, father/son time.
Looking forward to meeting Martin and Don Jacks this weekend.......hating that things didn't work out for Eric to make it.......praying that things are going alright for Donny who wanted to come, but is having surgery.

Like Martin said, if you can make it to Chattanooga this weekend and want to meet some fellow W enthusiasts please come. We'll be watching some Nostalgia racing, bench racing, talking about the National Convention in September, and planning future South-Eastern get togethers with some 348/409 racing, cars on display, and if we can get some more interest...maybe a swap meet. Most of all it's just about finally meeting each other in person and fellowship.

Donny Hammond

Well Known Member
I hope everyone has a great time and a safe trip...I'm going to try to get a picture of my new hardware to load...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't smoke..I quit in 1984 and the doctors all say cigarette smoke is what did it...If anyone would like to stop by to see my car and do some talking just let me know...I am going to go for now because I know I'm not making any sense.....Donny

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 20

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thank you for the update Donny. Thanks for the well wishes and the warning too! The best part about that picture is that you are in the upright position!! Hopefully you will be well enough to get back to your normal life very soon. :pray
I'm going to try to get up there within the next few months to meet you.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well we didn't have a big turnout but I had a BIG time, exactly what I was looking for, beautiful weather, great guys, we were at the track but spent more time at the back of the truck, talkin about, what else...........................W ENGINES. it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!got me thinking about how much fun we are going to have in GREAT BEND:dance

Pleasure meeting Mr. Don Jacks and Jason, can't wait till next year

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sorry I forgot to mention Jacob, jason's son hung out with us great kid fun to watch him, hope we didn't bore him to much with all the engine talk, I'm sure he would have rather been watching the girls

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Donny I just brought myself to look at your picture "stitches".........................now I wish I hadn't..................................... good luck to you and your family, hang in there
we were thinking about you and, see you in great bend

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes it was a good day.Nice little track,very friendly and acomaditing staff,SUPER easy to get to.I had a memorable time with Jason,his son Jacob,and of course Martin. Now if I could find a deal like the engine that Martin brought down with him for Jason!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I brought my wife's camera. I forgot to get it out of the car when we walked the pits and looked at everything. I then went and took a few from the stands......intended on taking many more. Instead Don, Martin, Jacob, and myself got to talking and none of us shut up until it was dark. :laugh
Jacob said to me after we got home: "Your friends are my friends now. I like Mr. Don and Mr. Martin." I can't tell ya'll how much that meant to me. I love cars and spend most of my time either doing something car related ...... or planning on it......but that doesn't compare to the friendships and extended family FORGED in our 348-409 Forum here. I'm hoping we can get some more members within a 2 to 5 hour drive or so interested in joining us next year......having some nice X frame and W powered cars gathered.....and to make this a regular regional event. I'm also hoping that we can start planning to meet up at a track or car show or something maybe a few times a year just and hang out even without the expense of hauling a car.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Funny how things work, when I got to the track it was like I had known you guys for years, that just goes to show ya how much this site means to all of us that stay on here,
my hats off to all of ya'll :drunkya I have had 1 or 5 but the weak ind was graete lurking furword 2 tha nxt on :laugh:laugh:laugh