Glove Box

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I looked at my box and the assembly manual and both support front loading. There are Y shaped fold lines on both sides of the box to allow the thicker end (the edge) to pass through the opening.
I believe I bought the box at CARS. Not sure of a vendor.
The tabs they sent are j-nuts and the prongs are not meant to be bent but simply center the nut in the hole and provide a shoulder when the screw is tightened.

OK. Thank you. Will certainly look at that when I try it again. Also would like to add, that I got the interior all back together today. I can't believe how easy it was to put the bucket seat in considering where the studs in the tunnel bracket/track are located. It was tight but I got everything started the first attempt. Not even a single cuss word. Tomorrow, I'll put exactly 5 gallons of gas in the tank and see how the new gas gauge reacts. I read where it's a 20 gallon tank so it should register 1/4 tank. Then Wednesday, it's suppose to be near 70 degrees. I think a cruise is in the air, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My new glove box arrived yesterday. I bought it from Classic Industries. On the surface, it appears to be better quality then the one I bought from Ecklers. The clips are already installed and I think it might even be a bit smaller. Still no fold marks on the side for installation purposes. I believe this is a different manufacturer. Surprised at that. Didn't think there would be that big a demand for different manufacturer's to get involved. Going to set it aside for now. I have 'O' ambition and desire to install it. Have other more important things to do, like drive this car, Carmine.