GM & Chrysler merger

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I think.....

All you will end up seeing in the end is a GM Jeep. Maybe a Silverado Magnum?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
GM will declare bankruptcy, void their union contracts and start all over again with re-organization. Airlines do it all the time. Ask me how I know.
That's not the big problem. It's that business doesn't like uncertainty and all they know for now is that the new Prez and Dem majority will increase taxes, especially capital gains taxes. Who in their right mind would buy stock or invest in anything knowing that. In fact, the market is cashing in while they still can at the current 15% rate instead of waiting until it goes to 28% as promised. Remember, that is what he promised in the campaign. Busness is simply reacting to reality.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
GM will declare bankruptcy, void their union contracts and start all over again with re-organization. Airlines do it all the time. Ask me how I know.
That's not the big problem. It's that business doesn't like uncertainty and all they know for now is that the new Prez and Dem majority will increase taxes, especially capital gains taxes. Who in their right mind would buy stock or invest in anything knowing that. In fact, the market is cashing in while they still can at the current 15% rate instead of waiting until it goes to 28% as promised. Remember, that is what he promised in the campaign. Busness is simply reacting to reality.

Cecil: What are you predicting for my GM stocks?
robert

37tin

Well there's a good example of Toyota building a poor vehicle....... Maybe all the manufacturers think we, the public will accept a sub standard product for our hard earned dollars !!!!

Dave, petepedlar, where do you work in langley?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil: What are you predicting for my GM stocks?
robert
Robert,
If they are common shares, zip, just like all the airline stock I was required to buy as a condition of employment. Under reorganization, common shareholders are on the bottom of the ladder. You might get lucky and get a few token shares in the new company on a percentage conversion for your old shares, but I wouldn't count on it.

Not to worry though, the new prez is going to fix the "Oconomy" and will probably give GM lots of newly printed money to save some jobs and placate the unions. Under bankruptcy, all those union contracts will be no more and if the big O wants to keep their support, he won't let that happen.:deal

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cecil: They are common shares and I share your thoughts. I was hoping you would have some inside info.:bow:bow
Oh.. on to a car thing the local aaca guys have discovered Lloyd's SD Pontiac and got him to unwrap it and exhibit it at their Perry Cabin show. http://local.aaca.org/baycountry/annual_car_show.htm
Lloyd told me they swarmed over it!!!!!! He got docked a point for a rubber moulding issue that neither of us understood. I guess he is waiting for someone to offer big $$$$$$$:roll:roll I don't think he will sell it though but he does want to sell the 57 Safari
robert

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Code:
             Dave, petepedlar, where do you work in langley?

I sell trucks for Peterbilt....... where are you 37tin??

Dave

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Im sorry but i see this as much more dome and gloom scenario then you guys, I believe the world powers are trying to run the big 3 out of business, so when they are gone and if a WWIII starts, who will make our tanks, trucks, jeeps and airplanes---???--- the chinese?
we are kidding ourselves,,,,we just elected a president who did not spend one day in the military. Old former vp Gore did his best to tell everyone that the crap comming out of the tailpipes of GM cars is causing global warming and rammed the carbon foot print down our throats. So go stand in line for your new TATA. Id rather convert my 09 to natural gas.

William

Supporting Member 1
Natural gas

Mark i think things are starting to go to the NEW WORLD ORDER!!! Ican't see a Islamiacperson running a christian country. He sat and listened to that CRAP that REV REIGHT blew out of his piehole for 20 years,and eat it up till it was made public, and then left that place and said he didn't agree with it. How quick people forget , or just don't listen inthe first place.I think this will be the downfall 0f our wonderful countryand i also believe that this JERK will turn our country over to the UNITED NATIONS, and we thought things could not get worse.Gas will be the lest of our problems.Ramble Ramble . Me thinks it is about time for the ANTI CHRIST. William
HUSSAIN OBAMA