good bye

floyd

Well Known Member
Just trying to give advise,heads up,something to check into,not to be put down.Trying to be helpfull.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just went through all six posts and didn't see anyone put you down. A couple people did say the saginaw is a weak transmission which is a fact. If I got upset every time someone didn't agree with me, I would of had to leave years ago. In fact I might have to go live in the woods like the unabomber.
Still here!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You were not "put down". There is a couple of hundred years experience here and the best on the web. I might imagine that the guy who told you the Saginaw was strong was wrong. Just sayin'...
Stick around.......give us a chance to wish you Happy Birthday!!!!

Junky

Well Known Member
It might be because I commented that the Lemon Law wasn't applicable in this transaction that was being discussed. I then added some of Junky humor, that was not intended to be anything other than humor. Hell, this is what happens here, and we all both give it and take it. Heck, I think that Phil holds the record of giving and receiving, and that is what friends do, joke and rib each other. I hope that Floyd sticks around, and I sincerely apologize to him, if he took my ribbing in anything other than the good natured ribbing that was intended. I was fully expecting him to give it back to me in spades. Once again Floyd, I am truly sorry for offending you. Junky

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Floyd you have every bit to disagree on any comments on the site.
As do others on the site on yours.
I don’t know how much power your 350 put down, but the guys here that have 409’s here and race have found the Saginaw doesn’t hold up against the 409.
As the old saying goes “everyone has their own opinions “
Dave

wristpin

Well Known Member
Floyd your saginaw is holding up under some decent torque and horsepower. Instead of leaving how about telling us what you have done to it or its mounting make it last. I for one would like to pay alot less for a trany (that's short slang for transmission Phil) that could take over stock power.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Had a used saginaw in my 66 shortwide for 10 years raced it hard one day trying to beat my sister in her 56 about 4 races of the line.Paid $225.00 out if a 67 Camaro. Guy said it was good took his word for it, it was. So my 63 I bought new with Muncie 4 speed has syncheo go out in a year ,of course I raced it more I thought saginaw was a good tranny. So can I stay here????Lol

floyd

Well Known Member
I have 350 horse 400 torque,with a cast iron saginaw,308 gears.I know the aluminium one are bad.They should try the my6 cast iron,they hold up behind the 366t,1980 blocks very well.They put out 500 torque.Just giving people ideas I know and seen work.Yes people have thier own opinions,but dont reply with a smart remark.Free advise is awesome,no charge even better.I have seen muncies,even the cast iron ones blow up behind 427s,1970s 402s.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Had a S-T10 behind my '67 427. Id like to put a 4sp in my little truck. Might have to reconsider and go with a cast iron Saginaw. Thanks for the info!