Got gas?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
$5.89 here. Was two hrs away in Wisconsin and it over 60 cents cheaper even though their one refinery is four times further than the three we have and here the tank farm is literally 10 minutes away. Figure that one out. Oil was higher in ‘08 than now and in ‘08 gas consumption was higher than ‘21 which was higher than now yet in ‘08 the national average was a dollar lower! We are getting bent over pure and simple.

bobs409

Administrator
  • Wow
Reactions: 327

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The talk today is US refiners are running at 90-96% of capacity, they can’t process any more. This could lead to gas rationing in the northeast and higher pricing everywhere. WTI dropped over $2 today- to about $119. And summer driving is not here yet on the demand side.

If you guys weren’t so hard on electric vehicles, there would be a lot more out there- more gas for us and a lower price. :D:D:D

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you guys weren’t so hard on electric vehicles, there would be a lot more out there- more gas for us and a lower price. :D:D:D
Speaking just for myself, I am not against EV's, I am against the people on the left in our government attempting to force people into them. However, people are moving into EV's. I don't know if you can believe the poll, but if you can, they said 56 percent of Americans are considering an EV in the future. As for more gas for the rest of us, you would think it would work that way, however I am willing to bet when the demand becomes permanently less because of EV use, 2 things will happen. Electric rates will become the new gasoline. Cost of producing, low rain fall years for hydro electric, if they are allowed to use coal or natural gas to produce there will be a shortage or the left will be trying to shut it down, maintenance, etc will dictate prices more than they do now, and people will complain just like now. Secondly, once gas is not as needed, the price will still go up because the oil industry will say it has become a more niche market. They will claim it cost X number of dollars to produce the large quantities needed before, and they could make a profit then using X number of employees. Now they produce less and still use the same amount of employees for X so less profit, so they will need to charge more for the gas. It's inevitable.