Great Job Pat

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Saw on TV this morning that our good friend and 409 gearhead Pat Lobb gave a guy a new car. This guy was walking 2 hours to work and 2 hours back home. Pat heard about it and helped the guy out. You could not believe how grateful this person was. Good job Pat. :appl:appl:appl

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I have a great deal of respect for these wonderful people. Pat, keep in mind that I have to get up three times a night and walk 14' round trip to the head. Just saying.

Thanks for the nice words.

This guy had been working as much as 100 hours a week. The restaurant where he worked was going through a renovation and asked him to work at another location. He had previously been walking to work and never told them he did not have a car. So, rather than tell them no or lose his job, he just took off walking the 12 miles or so. He did this for several months.
At 52 years of age and some previous difficulties he could a little assistance.

As we talked he told me "both of them walked past my dealership everyday". I asked, Both? who was with you?

He said he and God walked everyday.

I handed him the keys and said "we all need God to be safe, so put Him inside the car"

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
[QUOTE="Blk61409, post: 356872, member: 2042")

As we talked he told me "both of them walked past my dealership everyday". I asked, Both? who was with you?

He said he and God walked everyday.

I handed him the keys and said "we all need God to be safe, so put Him inside the car"[/QUOTE]

The last sentence needs to be passed around. Heck, I'm going to send the whole thing.
Also Pat, did you give him one of your 09's??:winner

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great man you are Pat. Did you grow up in a big city? I find "country" people tend to be more generous than city people, but maybe you are proving me wrong.

Don