Great Pate Swap Meet!!!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Had a great swap meet, sold many items of Ronnie's. Had a great talk with Steve (Simps 37). He blames me for his 409 sickness. It seams while he was in school, several years ago, he and several friend attended a car show in Dublin and I was there with my El Camino 348. He said we talked for a long time and he fell in love with the 348-409 engines and had to have one. He got his from Ronnie. Steve is a great guy and deals in 49-51 Chevy trucks.

Also had a long visit with Pat (Blk 61 409). What a great guy. Boy did we ever talk 409s, drag racing, boat racing and the rail job he just purchased. Also met his brother-in-law. X drag boat racer.

Just meeting these two guys was worth the trip to Pate. Had to come back in Saturday to miss the bad weather. I'm sure you have heard about the bad storms east of Dallas-Ft. Worth. 5 people dead so far.:cry:pray

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tell Steve(Simps37), sorry we didn't get to visit, we all 3 got wrapped up in car and Drag boat talk!!
Next time!!

Hope you sold lots of Ronnies stuff.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Glad it was a good swap meet and you made it home safe.
One should wright a journal about the "Swap-Meet Acquaintances"

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It was a good swap meet but many left due to threat of much rain that never showed up at the meet....but wind was there with a vengeance....by mid day saturday 80% of vendors had left....if I lived far off I would have gone too....weather was forecast to rain 1-2" of rain but it went around us.

W-Head....was great to meet you....and yes, you are the carrier of the 409 bug I now possess .......we will cross paths again I know.
Blk....we will get to visit someday!

T-P Auto

The meet was great.
It was the first time for me at the track.
I had went to the old meet in pate several years ago.
I only got to do the first 9 gates of the meet.
Was upset that the handicap scooter were taken by people to lazy to walk.
When you have older diable vets who could use the scooter.
Will try to make it again next year.

T-P Auto
Tim

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The meet was great.
It was the first time for me at the track.
I had went to the old meet in pate several years ago.
I only got to do the first 9 gates of the meet.
Was upset that the handicap scooter were taken by people to lazy to walk.
When you have older diable vets who could use the scooter.
Will try to make it again next year.

T-P Auto
Tim

Too many people use the scooters that should not get to use them..... wish they could be issued only to people with handicap placards or disabled vets.