Have problem

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Post pictures of it Dave , like to see it when you get it. My friend just got a 2020 Chevy. It's got more stuff on it that he knows how to use. Got his phone set up in vehicle,power tail gate ( down only) and telescopic and tilt column much,much more. Makes my 1990 Silverado look obsolete, but tax and insurance is cheap.
You have one of them new fancy Silverado's? I have a 1989 K2500, I don't need all of them 1990 bells and whistles. :poke

Junky

Well Known Member
Friend had a 1967 Olds 88 convertible that he ordered with a 3 speed, and it came with a Ford transmission. Guess that GM figured it was less expensive to buy a transmission from Ford than it was to design and build their own for limited applications. Same with Ford, buying A/C compressors from GM for the Lincolns, than to use the noisey one that they used on the rest of the Ford models. The A6 compressor was the best that GM had ever built, even to today. All modern compressors are throw away units.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just picked the new truck that replaces 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali that the engine blow up from the water damage that started this post. Another GMC Sierra 1500 Denali only it’s a 2020. Very little changed from 2019 to 2020.
Dealer gave me a little break as I have purchased 3 trucks from them with this one and the insurance helped also.
Got lower interest rate so that helped also in the financing, almost a full 1%, that doesn’t sound much, but any help is help.
Have every thing I had on the 2019, but I had to add the tailgate speakers system. Probably not going to use it much but it’s there.
Only thing was the 14 days rental I had to use as that added up to just over $2000 expense.
Have wheels once again.

Dave

chuckl

Well Known Member
Friend had a 1967 Olds 88 convertible that he ordered with a 3 speed, and it came with a Ford transmission. Guess that GM figured it was less expensive to buy a transmission from Ford than it was to design and build their own for limited applications. Same with Ford, buying A/C compressors from GM for the Lincolns, than to use the noisey one that they used on the rest of the Ford models. The A6 compressor was the best that GM had ever built, even to today. All modern compressors are throw away units.
I am restoring a Mercedes 380 SL for a friend. It came originally with a GM A/C compressor.