Hot Rod Reunion Payouts / No Payouts

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well I've been on the phone and making calls for the last month with no success. They have told me that there run sheets basically didn't include the fast class therefore nobody in the fast class will be getting any payouts. I've argued over and over of the fact that we thought we were running two classes ( I was even told we were done racing when I stopped at the staging lanes to make sure). They have said repeatedly that they were only running one class yet they're treating the ladder like two classes as they basically deleted us even though there is live video showing our wins that they have failed to watch or are just lying not wanting to take the blame ( I sent them the links to the live D3 video with time stamps of when we ran. I'm sorry to any of those that were owed payouts I did try very hard with no success and no returned call from Jeff Conley of Division 3 nhra at all ( left 4 messages with him) I was told he made the final decision obviously without watching the live videos. So in short we're getting screwed because the run sheet they say they have doesn't have the fast class on it. With that said I highly doubt I'll be going to Bowling Green next year.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
This was the run sheet I snagged off the trailer.
It is marked round three and the car pairing is not correct.
20180718_185943 (2).jpg

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That sucks! After doing the hot rod power tour this year we decided we like the hot rod reunion way more. We were looking forward to next year.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
F'n cs'ers..... Let's talk it over this winter, do a poll, and find a track where we are appreciated. I wasn't too happy when they came around and said no time trial and 5 minutes later changed their mind.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Just a thought. Make the big 348/409 event the Super Chevy show at National Trail. I know you all like the idea of running with the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion and understand that. National Trail isn't as nice a facility but a good venue just the same. The weather in Columbus if far superior to Bowling Green. I hated when they moved the HRR to Bowling Green.

Junky

Well Known Member
Have Archie Bunkers lawyer send them a letter, and then follow that up with lots of news coverage of how you were screwed. The fans don't like shady characters, and they will respond in support of you. Stand tall like a wolf on the prowl, not a lamb on the way to slaughter!

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Along with OURS, there racer attendance was way down. There was a really big void in the funny car, fueler pit area near the starting line.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
No Dennis.....I am curious of the amount of money they "saved" to have this kind of bad press to overcome. I know It's a big event but the 409 cars brought in a lot of spectators!!!!! Kinda like the Thompson deal.
Yes, and kinda like the Beaver Springs deal this year with the new owner. Everyone hung my ass out to dry at Thompson for less than what's going on at the Beaver. When are the track owners going to acknowledge that the racers are in a partnership with the track?