How Rare is 63 Power Bench seat and tilt wheel?

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a floor shift tilt in one of my 63' s. I originally bought this 63 as a parts car as it had been in a flood from the good ole Puyallup river and only wanted it as it was a factory 4 gear car and didn't even realize it had a tilt. Turns out it had the original 704 cased Muncie, the tilt, tach and a posi so 10 years later I still own that car and got the whole car for half of what the guy wanted. If anybody buys a tilt MAKE SURE you get the lower shaft also as its different!!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have a floor shift tilt in one of my 63' s. I originally bought this 63 as a parts car as it had been in a flood from the good ole Puyallup river and only wanted it as it was a factory 4 gear car and didn't even realize it had a tilt. Turns out it had the original 704 cased Muncie, the tilt, tach and a posi so 10 years later I still own that car and got the whole car for half of what the guy wanted. If anybody buys a tilt MAKE SURE you get the lower shaft also as its different!!
Is the flood 63 really rusty from the flood ,I know electrical would be junk but what about the body?

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Body isn't that bad, motor was junk, trans and diff. where full of milky oil so flushed those out, replaced junk 350 that was in it with a 283 and replaced complete wire harness and is now a running driving but needing paint as its in primer car.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Whats the difference between a 63 and a 64 steering column? I know a different wiring harness and wheel. I have someone wanting to trade the 63 powerglide tilt for a 64 floor shift column.

Thanks,
Don

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I believe its the turn signal lever opening in the column itself as one is round one is oval, I would go look at mine but my 63 is under wraps and tucked in a corner

Junky

Well Known Member
No power bucket's for chevrolet ,but i think they were for other gm lines in those years.
I know that Pontiac offered a power drivers bucket in '63, and I know first hand that power buckets were available in the 1962 Cadillac DeVille. I also remember that the Olds Starfire had a power bucket seat option.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Whats the difference between a 63 and a 64 steering column? I know a different wiring harness and wheel. I have someone wanting to trade the 63 powerglide tilt for a 64 floor shift column.

Thanks,
Don
The column itself is a different size -the steering wheels in a 64 I think are larger than a 63 steering wheel were it mounts to the column
A 63 column is the same size as a 62 column (the 4 speed circular sections are the same )
Paul