I had no idea where to put this.

Junky

Well Known Member
I was just down at the place where they humiliate you yesterday doing the paperwork for my ream job. My colliardgreens test came back positive for something but no one knows what that is I guess its a secret so they want to investigate. The attendant /nurse says they're not to happy with Cologuards test results its kinda like a turkey shoot probably because its another way of milking you and the insurance companies for money.

Mark

You can have negative thoughts about what they are telling you, but they are looking out for your best interest. I can sit here and type this, because I had a colonoscopy, and they found a problem. I had surgery 2 days later, and I felt like a filleted fish. I lost about 6' of intestine, but I am here alive and typing.. Had I waited till my next scheduled colonoscopy, I would be dead today. It is one of the most important tests that everyone over the age of 45 should have. Get the test and you have a great chance of it being negative, and you are good to go for the next 3 - 5 years before they get to humiliate you again. Keep in mind, all assholes are created alike, and they have seen lots of assholes before yours, and if you have seen one, you have seen them all! :D Best wishes for a good report.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah I know Junky I have never had one and I'm about 20 years overdue for one. I think Dad had some polyps removed but I don't remember how old he was when this occurred. According to the Nurse I talked to she said basically there isn't a 100% reliable test you can have to detect if you have problems you just have to go and have this procedure done.

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have heard colon cancer is 100% preventable providing you have regular checkups where polyps are found and can be removed before they become cancerous. Mark wishing you the best and don't get to worked up over it. As far as prepping and having the procedure done is no big deal, just look forward to going out for a big breakfast when you are all done!!!

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
get

Junky

Well Known Member
i have had four of them tests. i hate the prep, the actual test is not bad. jim

I hate the taste of the prep, but figured out early, that if you take a small amount of honey, that it kills the taste of the prep in your mouth. It is a small price to pay to add years to your life colon cancer free. Caught early, it is very preventable, caught late, it can kill you. Have the colonoscopy.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have heard colon cancer is 100% preventable providing you have regular checkups where polyps are found and can be removed before they become cancerous. Mark wishing you the best and don't get to worked up over it. As far as prepping and having the procedure done is no big deal, just look forward to going out for a big breakfast when you are all done!!!

I've kinda settled into it ok now Steve. When I got the phone call from my Doctor telling me I tested positive and they couldn't tell me what they discovered it set me back just a bit right away I started thinking about the C word but when I went down and talked to them about the procedure (and they weren't even told what I tested positive for) I feel ok about it now it has to be done.

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I've kinda settled into it ok now Steve. When I got the phone call from my Doctor telling me I tested positive and they couldn't tell me what they discovered it set me back just a bit right away I started thinking about the C word but when I went down and talked to them about the procedure (and they weren't even told what I tested positive for) I feel ok about it now it has to be done.

Mark
:good